Chapter 6.5

Alert! Short chapter ahead. Lol
Not edited.

6.5

Christy

She could hardly make out the shadowy outline of his white face but she knew it was white, judging by the way the darkness gave way to blotches of grey around his red, glowing eyes and where she judged to be his sides- where his hands were.

White.

It was indeed him. Or it was another Jude with white skin and red eyes. That was a one in a thousand probability, and here in Bogosia no less.

Only one person she knew who fit that description. Coupled with the ruby red eyes, out here on the lonely dark streets of the outskirts of Bogosia was not where she'd expected to see him again. And not so soon either. She hadn't left his office a good two hours yet.

Mr. Humack never visited such a place as low as Chum's or the street it sat on. Not that she knew of. She'd never seen him in these parts before. The rich didn't come here, it was not as if they needed to conserve on cash or anything.

She noticed one little fact as she stared slightly mystified at him; his eyes were truly glowing, two bright orbs in the dark. Glowing eyes, an odd quality she hadn't noticed while in his company before- probably because she'd never seen him in the dark.

Before now she had no idea Judes eyes even glowed in the dark. Hell, she didn't even know their eyes could turn red until hours ago.

This goes to show that Christy needed to know more about Judes just in case they had some kind of fatal poison that'd kill you instantly if you accidentally touch their hair or something. Yeah, that would certainly be a nasty surprise.

"Sir?" She tentatively called into the darkness... in his direction. Probably it was not a good idea to call out in the dark like this. If Jude was anything like Earth, a lonely female did not want to call attention to herself on a dark street corner.

She heard a rustling noise behind her and turned away to look, fear spiking her heart.

Probably it was a mugger about to rob her, just as she'd thought!

Just then a skinny animal jumped from a trash dispenser beside the teleportation booth and scurried away from her down the lonely alleyway, bushy tail wagging.

She pressed a trembling hand to her heaving chest. That was a little more aerobic workout than she needed.

With a heart beating more than usual, she turned back to the red eyes... Mr. Humack, who'd been silently watching her.

He was not there. The darkness now darker, no grey outline. He was gone. Just like that, without a sound or a trace, he had just disappeared.

Her stomach roiled at one particular thought. She had probably hallucinated. Mr. Humack probably hadn't truely been there, his image had just been the product of a tired and overworked mind.

But she could've sworn...

Meh, it wouldn't be the strangest thing that had ever happened to her anyway. Albeit seeing things that weren't there should give her cause to worry. She knew she should but she was way too emotionally tired to worry at the moment. Not to mention her headache seemed to be getting worse.

It was time she went home. Brushing off her little episode she stepped into the booth that was programmed to transport her home. The closed behind her and she pressed the button that displayed her address, resting her head lightly on the blue glass doors and she started to disintegrate into light and particles.