Chapter 11

Okay, guys. This is super short and I apologize. I just had to give you guys something to bide your time lol. Happy reading! One more thing, do you think I should cut down on focusing so much on what the main characters are thinking and implement more dialogue? Let me know.

Navin

Navin cocked his head. "Come again?"

Jude was a large planet, how likely was it that Christal met his mother by some random stroke of chance?

"Christal came into my shop two rotations ago dripping wet, looking for new clothes to wear to work- I think it was...? A sweet girl she is..." Graced smiled, obviously remembering something pleasant, "A little eccentric maybe. But a good girl at heart."

"Mother," Navin grumbled. He hoped his mother would get on with it for she tended to ramble at times. "And?" He urged a little impatiently.

"And that was it." She shrugged a little, "She came in looking for clothes and ended up purchasing a dress, a shirt, and a skirt," Grace's eyes narrowed quizzically. "Why are you so interested in this topic?"

Navin's countenance fell by a quarter of a fraction under his mother's agile gaze."No particular reason." Goddess forbid his mother thought he liked ms. Sanders.

One golden brow raised to a slightly greying hairline with skepticism.

Navin sighed, deciding to oblige her. "Admittedly it just seems a tad bit coincidental that my employee happened to be looking for clothes in my mother's store out of all the stores in this side of town."

"And what are you implying?" Janice hissed, her accusatory tone raised in that way that said she was ready to take him on if he even considered speaking ill of Christal's character. She inclined her body towards him so she could better show her willingness to defend her friend.

But Navin paid her little attention. He still couldn't quite come to terms yet with the fact that his mother knew his human employee. Had this been a ploy? Had Christal somehow found out who his mother was and where she worked? Had she concocted a plan to meet her to try and persuade her to persuade him to give her leave to Earth II? It probably sounded far-fetched but she was human. Humans did strange things for strange reasons all the time.

He sighed wearily. "I am not implying anything." He wasn't up for any arguments at the moment. Everything was going bad this rotation and there was nothing he could do about it. Usually, he was always in control, always knew what to do. It felt foreign to him that there were things that were beyond his influence.

He prayed this would all be over soon. Sadly, he could feel a slight throbbing begin to form at his temples and knew that he would soon be experiencing the pains of his frequently occurring headaches. He was getting them more and more these rotations.

Navin moved away from the wall to take a seat in an empty chair by his mother. He rested his head in his hands. At other times he would've thought that to show this kind of emotions it would be detrimental to his character. But right now he couldn't care less about appearances. It had been a while since he'd been this worked up.

Everyone was quiet for a while, lost in their own thoughts.

"Hmm." Broke the tensed silence.

Wearily Navin glanced up from his hands and turned his head slightly, spying his mother- who appeared to be considering something-looking as if she was trying to decide on what to say.

Then she said, "Actually, that wasn't all." She caught his eyes.

"When Christal came into my shop I noticed something odd about her. She looked tall for a human, but apart from that, she had looked perfectly normal to me... That's why it struck me as odd when she later revealed that she had grown. At the time I thought she had come down with a fever from being saturated in the rain."