1 - If I Were... With The Author

"I suppose I should probably start, shouldn't I?" I hit the button that turns on the stereo, and it flicks onto the song I'm singing in my head: Cold Night by You Me At Six. Everyone can now surmise that I am a total dweeb.

Elise raises an eyebrow. "No shit, Auth. Get on with it, then."

"Hey, there's no need to be rude. Gods, 'Lise." Morgose shakes her head. "They created us. Have a bit more respect."

"My thoughts exactly." Heily smiles. "I'm excited to see how this turns out. After all, for an author, you keep a lot from us."

"That's true," Daisuke cuts in. "I'd like to know a bit more about you."

"You created our worlds," Raena nods in agreement. "We should know you."

"We are kind of parts of you, after all." Hariko interjects. "For an author, you don't reveal as much as I'd expect. Then again, we're all a little cryptic here."

"Oh, can we get on with it?" Yarina edges from foot to foot, clearly not liking to be kept waiting.

"Gods, you lot need to chill." Rianon appears out of nowhere, surprising everyone but me. "Let Auth take as much time as they need, ok? They can kill us off with a click of their fingers, you know.

"Besides, wondering and whining is a waste of valuable time. Then again, me being the Holder of Time, I should already know that time is infinite. Still," she winks at me, "it's better if we don't delay. Let's hear what Auth has to say."

Everyone nods, and takes their seats in the circle, taking out the questions I need to answer. Morgose amalgamates them all, and hands over the sheet to me. Rianon presents everybody with blank sheets of paper, where my answers will be projected by her mind. The extent that Ria's powers go to, even to me in the present moment, are a bit of a mystery.

"Wait a sec," Yarina scans the room for a second, as if she's searching for something.

"What?" Elise casts her a questioning glance, and Raena hums in thought, seeming to share Yarina's sentiment.

"I'm sure there's meant to be at least one more person here, right?" Daisuke enquires curiously.

"Uh, yeah, Ri. Where are your cousins?" Hariko queries.

"Yeah, they're never late. We both know that enough from their attendance records." Morgose's brow creases in thought.

"Oh Lord, I hope they don't spring that weird surprise on us again..." Heily sighs, as Ria surpresses a giggle. "They nearly gave me a bloody heart attack last time."

"They have lives too, you know." Rianon replies. "They're really busy. You're lucky you've got me, to be honest. I have a lot on my plate, you know, like saving the multiverse." She gestures widely to emphasize her point. "Not that I want to be thinking about that right now. If anything, all I have to do is pass on everything from now to them later. Don't worry, they won't miss anything."

"Ok, then," I enounce. "This is my If I Were..."

************************************
A Tree: Maple. I'm sweet and colourful.

A Fruit: Lychee. I'm hard to peel and I have a stone for a heart, but I'm well worth the taste.

An Animal: Either a wolf, snake, dragon or rabbit.

A Sweet: Rhubarb and Custard. I'm sharp, sweet and give the best advice.

Weather: A lightning wind storm. I'm strong and crazy.

Clothing: A corset and miniskirt. I'm fun, versatile and provocative.

A Drink: Cream Soda, obviously! I'm vanilla. Everyone loves me!

Water: The Pacific Ocean. Warm, but tempestuous.

A Plant: A rose. I have thorns, I'm beautiful and it's my middle name.

A City: Venice. Or Tokyo.

A Colour: Purple! All the way!

Ice Cream: Bubblegum!!!

A Holiday: Halloween and Samhain, aka Celtic New Year.

Furniture: A wheelie chair. I don't like people to sit on me, and I can be a prankster when I want to be.

Dessert: A meringue. Probably.

************************************
"Wow! We are sooooo similar!" Ria pipes. "The corset and miniskirt, my fashion statement, the rose, the bubblegum, purple and Samhain! I must get it from you!" She has this huge beam on her face, and I can't help but notice that it lights up the whole room.

Everyone else exchanges grins at Ria's outburst. She can be excitable at times, and it's great that she's so positive right now, especially with all I'm putting her through in the story.

"Elise, you're next." Morgose calls, and Elise groans. Heily gives her the "You'd better do it" expression and indicates to the hotseat chair with her eyes.

"Fiiiiine," Elise whines and flops into the seat.

This is going to be sour.