2 - If I Were... With Elise Moon Nöel/Jesminda Andrea Baker (Moonsong)

Elise clicks her fingers, and from out of nowhere, Glowing by The Script begins to play.

A mischevious expression creeps up on Raena's face, and Elise responds with a snappy "What?"

She doesn't counter. She just keeps the countenance. Elise can't peer into her mind, but I know why Raena has that mien.

We're both considering it now. Elise's beau has an undeniable connection to that song. We won't mention that, though - she'll only get even more crabby than she already is.

"Let's get down to business, then," Ria chirps, just as several more people walk in.

Several extremely tardy people.

"You lot are late." Elise states flatly. However, on the inside, she is probably very irritated as Ritzy, Ronan, Vesonra, Lusiny, Raeyhan and Klaus take their seats.

Vesonra rolls her eyes. "We're trying to rebuild society. I don't see why you think it's such a problem when you already knew our predicament."

"Vessie," Lusiny whispers, taking hold of Vesonra's hand. "Let's refrain from being too annoyed, or these next few minutes will be hell."

Vesonra huffs. That means she'll show restraint, but only because Lusiny intervened.

Ritzy and Ronan just swap glances with Raeyhan and Klaus. They all mirror each other's façades; embarrassment is written on each of their faces in red Sharpie.

"Shall we...?" Raena inquires. Elise nods, ignoring Vesonra glouting at her back.

************************************
A Tree: An apple or oak. I'm tempting, but I'm stubborn. I'll do whatever I damn feel like.

A Fruit: A cherry. I'm small, sweet and I have a pip rather than a seed as my heart. Either that or a lemon. I'm sharp and witty.

A Sweet: A chocolate lime. I'm sweet, but cross me and I'll be more sour than an unripe citrus fruit.

An Animal: A fox. I'm intelligent, deceptive and my eyes and ears are always open.

Weather: A thunderstorm. Let's say that I throw a tantrum if I don't get my way.

A Drink: Lemon Fanta. Or Guinness. You either love me or hate me.

A Plant: Something pretty and thorny. A rose, probably. Or a bramble bush. 😂

A Holiday: Beltane. There's light, love and acceptance.

Clothing: A pair of denim shorts. I love the sun and showing my legs, doing exactly what my parents hate me doing.

Water: A waterfall. I'd be free, but not too vast.

A City: New York. I'd fit right in.

Ice Cream: Lemon. All the way.

A Colour: Lemon yellow.

Furniture: I would not be furniture. I refuse to be used.

Dessert: Lemon meringue pie! Definitely!

************************************
"I thought as much," Yarina folds her arms, slouching in her seat. "You're as sour as I am."

Elise raises an eyebrow, smickering. "Are you sure about that, Yari?"

Before anything can escalate, Daisuke pitches "Who's next?"

"Hariko." Morgose sings, and Hariko shuts her eyes tightly for a second, before opening them again, smiling and swapping chairs with Elise.