Chapter 3: Shut and N' Lemme Go

Jungwoo tapped you on the shoulder and gently "pulled" you away from Rowoon.

The boys next to him leaned over, questioning what that was all about. He brushed them off, mouthing 'later'.

"Hey, you should probably officially introduce yourself to everyone else, seeing as you somehow already know Rowoon," Jungwoo suggested, moving to the side with a small step. A silence fell over the messy room. It was uncomfortably warm, and you could feel your shirt clinging to your back from sweat.

"Know is a bit of an overstatement, but okay." You agreed, wringing your hands together. You winked at Rowoon, then bowed slightly to all the boys in front of you. "Rowoon this is your lucky day. Annyeong SF9, my name is Y/N, L/N. I'm 22 and your new stylist. It's nice to meet you. We're gonna have to spend a lot of time together so let's try and be friends."

"Annyeong." The boys chorused, bowing together. Rowoon's face lit up like he had won the lottery. It's just a name Rowoon, chill.

A sudden buzzing noise filled the air. Jungwoo fished around in his pocket and pulled out his phone.

"Hello?" he answered, absent-mindedly running a hand through his hair. Jungwoo lowered the phone for a moment once he heard the voice on the other side of the call speak.

"It's T guys. I gotta step out real fast." And with that he shuffled into the dim hallway of the dormitory building, the door swinging shut behind him. This left you alone, with the boys.

"Who's T?" You inquired, picking at the hem of your shirt. You felt a bit awkward alone with them but you tried to ignore this and carry a decent conversation.

"His girlfriend," Dawon informed you, restlessly fidgeting in his place. He seemed like the least shy out of all of them, and the most willing to strike up a conversation.

"Sooo... Y/N, how'd you meet Rowoon." He questioned teasingly. From the way each boy reacted to this question, you could tell they had all been dying to ask the same thing.

Rowoon'd been herded to stand next to you and did not seem to have a response. He sheepishly focused his attention on the floor, as if it were the most interesting thing in the room.

You couldn't restrain yourself and suddenly burst out into laughter, the sounds echoing throughout the loud room. The boys stared at you in confusion, as you tried to compose yourself. You couldn't help it. These boys were acting like 12-year-old girls digging for gossip at a slumber party. It was hilarious. 

Gathering your thoughts, you started to answer the question they all wanted answered. "Seriously guys, it's not all that exciting." You shrugged unceremoniously. All eyes glued to you, waiting for you to finish. "I was in a rush to my car, he was in a rush to wherever it was that he was going, and we crashed into each other. He helped me collect my things and pretty much forced me into letting him help carry my things to my car."

Their excited expressions faded from their faces and a look of disappointment washed over them. Except for Rowoon who was ecstatic that you hadn't told some horribly embarrassing and dramatic version of the story.

Dawon frowned, his head tilting to the side. "Wait. If you guys already met, how did he not know your name."

Rowoon's happy look dropped. His eyes widened like a deer caught in the headlights. You felt a bit guilty seeing the expression on his face, but regardless of this, you explained.

"Well, um I was getting into my car when he said he hadn't caught my name. All I did was tell him it was because I never gave it, and then I kinda intentionally drove away before he could ask again. When I looked back in my rearview mirror, it was pretty obvious he was not too happy with that."