37: Party Trick

It's been about a week or two, and the guys have all been away, on tour. All except Mars. He was gone for a few days on work, but then he came back.

Mars, Tasha, Izzie and I were just getting off the plane. Mr. Baker had told us to come to his after party, tonight. Saying he had some big announcement for everyone. 

It seemed like such a long flight to me. I was tired the whole time. It was better than driving and a boat, though.

We arrived a few hours early, which gave me enough time to nap. A well needed nap.

Izzie was excited to see Rook, but they still had beef going. Tasha wanted to get her freak on, while Mars just wanted to enjoy his vacation.

I really just wanted a toasted bagel, with strawberry cream cheese, with lunch meat in between the creamed halves. Oooo... make that a jalapeño bagel. Oh, and some ice tea.

"Marilyn, you needa get ready to go." Tasha hustles me.

"Yeah. We have fifteen minutes until we need to be there. The drive, itself, is ten minutes. So, really you have five minutes." Izzie rambles.

"I'm ready." I sigh, sitting up.

"You not gonna do your hair?" Tasha looks at me.

"I did my hair." I glare at her.

"Oh, baby..." Iz shakes her head.

"Okay, damn. I'll fix my hair." I get up and go to the mirror.

Although they were right, I was still salty. I took a deep breath and brushed out my hair. It still looked ratchet as hell. I huff, trying to find a style that looked good.

"Marilyn, come on. No one cares how your hair looks." Mars rushed me.

"I haven't seen my man in almost two week, Mason. If I want to look good so that maybe I can get to shagging, if I'm up for it, then we'll be late, but at least we'll be there. Quit rushing me, and go the fuck away." I shout, at him.

"Oh, shit." Izzie mumbles.

"You better bounce, boy." Tasha looks at him.

"You better have both of them down here, in five minutes, or-" he demands Tasha.

"Or what, Mason?" Tasha crosses her arms.

He huffs and walks away, slamming the door behind him. I roll my eyes, as Izzie walks over and helps me.

"Here, babe. Lemme help." Izzie takes my hair in her hands.

"Thank you." I sigh.

"My baby mama be too damn tired for these disrespectful niggas." Tasha shakes her head, leaning against the counter and watching Iz do my hair.

"I really am though." I whine.

"There you go." Iz moves her hands.

"Thank you." I really meant it.

I look at my hair in the mirror. She had put my hair up in a half bun, French braid. Tasha ended up adding some pins, that had diamonds on them. I didn't mind though. The helped me look nice for the night.

"Right this way, misses." The bell boy, guided us to the cab. "Careful. Fragile load." He helped me in.

I knew he was referring to my small baby bump. I gave him a half smile to be polite, and looked out the window as we drove off.

"Is there gonna be food at this place?" Izzie blurts.

"There better be, or imma divorce Colson." I growl.