01. The D3viant

I repeat: All humans must remain indoors. We are in the process of removing all androids from the streets of America. The XPR0T3C models we have sent to ensure your safety are not a threat. Do not try to harm them. We assure you they cannot turn deviant.

I look from the television screen to the expressionless robot in front of me. It has a human physique but nothing else about its appearance looks human. With its pale blue shell and ghostly silver eyes, it looks like it's been plucked straight out of the movie IRobot.

The XPR0: the reason the android revolution was thwarted and control of android production remained in the hands of CyberLife

The XPR0: the reason the android revolution was thwarted and control of android production remained in the hands of CyberLife. My father's secret weapon.

"Do you have a name?" I ask politely.

Its silver eyes shift from the door of my apartment to my own.

"My only purpose is to serve."

"Would you like a name?" I try again.

"My only purpose is to serve."

Zeke, the man that's been in charge of guarding me for my 19 years of life, turns away from my apartment window.

"Don't bother. They're just tin cans with faces drawn on."

"Tin cans trained to kill," I reply, tucking my chestnut hair behind my ears, before walking over to him.

At 6'5, he towers above me.

"How is it?" I ask as I approach the window.

He stops me by holding out an arm that's thick with muscle and tattoos

"You might not want to see."

I listen to the high-pitched screams and explosions echoing up from the streets below. One explosion is so great it shakes the entire room.

"It's my father's doing, Zeke. I won't look away."

My father is Ptolemy Musk-  the current CEO of CyberLife. He accepted the position when the previous CEO resigned at the start of the android revolution. He sees androids purely as machinery. He's never had any intentions of giving androids the freedom they've fought and died for.