End

You were standing in your room with eyes wide open and speechless. Loki got down on one knee and held up a small box with a ring in it to you.

"(Y/n), will you marry me?" he looked up at you with his beautiful blue eyes full of hope and love. You just didn't know what to say, this surprised you that much, you couldn't even remember your own name.

"I- I..."

*back to a few hours ago*

Loki was lying on his bed, recalling the happenings of last night. He felt stupid for sneaking out and leaving you alone. He should have stayed, but he just couldn't have stood the disappointment and sorrow in your look. He simply chickened out like a coward, because he was scared to face the consequences of his mistake. He wanted to be there for you, to show you how he still loved you after everything, but he failed you hard, and couldn't face it. Loki saw how much pain he caused to you with his stupidity, and he thought it would be the best to give you some time and let you have some peace to figure things out. He had no idea how he could make things up to you, so he stayed away to not to make things worse than they already were.

Suddenly the door of his room burst open as Thor thundered in shouting incoherently:

"SHE STILL LOVES YOU BUT THINKS YOU WANT TO BREAK UP WITH HER YOU HAVE TO DO SOMETHING RIGHT NOW OR I'LL PUNCH YOU IN THE FACE WITH MJOLLNIR!"

"What the hell are you doing, you can't just march in my room and- wait what?!" Loki sat up on the bed with confusion written all over his face. "What did you just say?"

As Thor managed to calm down a bit, he settled down next to his brother and told him everything about the conversation he had with you. He was so concerned about his brother's happiness and wanted the two of you to get back together so badly, it made Loki smile to himself. Since Frigga's left, no one was ever caring about him in that family, but during the last year, he got kind of close to his brother again. Thanks to you. He had to realise, everything good in his life was related to you somehow. The Thunderer was right, he had to quit dwelling in self-pity and it was time to step up his game to get you back. It was his only chance, but he was still afraid that it might be too late.

Thor's words made him realise how bad he did to avoid you and leave you. It just made things worse, since you thought that Loki gave up on you, and it pushed you even farther from him. He ushered Thor out of his room and sat down to figure something out. The trickster god had still no idea how he was going to make you forgive him, but he needed to try anyway...

After having a long, ventilating conversation with the Thunder God, you stayed on the rooftop alone, staring at the rising sun and the city down below. You had a lot to think about because knowing about your lover's state and condition changed a lot of things. It still was no excuse or explanation for why the hell did he sleep with that other woman, but it put things in new sight for you. Maybe you really should hear him out and should consider his side of the story and his reasons. It was only fair this way, you couldn't decide alone about the future of your relationship. Also, you tried to kill him and hurt him badly, and you didn't give him a chance to say a word about it. It was about the two of you, you were together in this thing. Both of you were bearing the scars of this story, just like the burn marks on your arms.

After like one or two peaceful hours spent in the rooftop garden thinking about all your problems, you decided to retrieve to the library, and relax a bit with your favourite book. You knew that Loki might be there, but you didn't mind it. You had come to terms with it and accepted the possible outcomes. Though you found the library empty, so you settled in one of the big, comfortable armchairs and buried yourself into your favourite book you've read a hundred times before. It settled your mind, and took you to another world, away from every misery in your surroundings. When you reached the end of the last page, you put the book back to the shelf and headed to your room.