The Devils Fruit

I'm standing outside the second tallest building in town. Looking up I take a small breath and fix my suit. Walking into the building I look around. Something about this place seems a bit off. Finally, I walk into the building and look around the main entrance. There was no receptionists desk, not even furniture.

I look at the grey metal doors to the elevator and I press the button nervously. I walk into the elevator once the doors open. Then, I press the level I needed to go to. As I wait I fix my hair in the mirror wall of the elevator.

The door opens with a ding and I walk out still nervous. I glance around the room and notice it's just an apartment. Walking over to the chair I sit down. Suddenly there was a loud noise in one of the rooms. Quickly, I got up to help my hopefully new boss.

Once I turn a corner I find a man about my age on the ground picking up a try of what I believe is tea. Looking at him a bit more I notice he had extremely pale skin and very light blond hair. I kneel down and start to help him out. I notice he looked up at me. "No use on cleaning this up yourself," I said as I cleaned.

"Um, thank you. Are you the applicant I'm meeting today?" He asked as we both finished cleaning up.

"Yes, Y/N L/N. It's nice to meet you, Mr. Asuka." I said as I picked up the tray and set it on the counter.

"Please, call me Ryo." He smiled at me softly then walked over to the main room. "Let's talk in here. It's a bit more comfortable." I nodded my head as I followed after him.

Sitting on the armchair I fixed my shirt one last time. "I'm happy you agreed to meet with me."

"You're actually the only one who applied for the job."

For a moment I didn't believe it. But, then I looked into his eyes and noticed it was true. I got a flash of memory from him. He was sitting at his desk slightly irritated about not having at applicants. That's one way to use this talent of mine. Although it got me fired from my last job. "So, does that mean I get it right away?"

"Yes, that's why I wanted to meet here. I want you to start right away." For a second I perk up with joy. But, I quickly stop myself from celebrating too early. "All I want to do is just get to know you better. That's all." I took in a deep breath.

"Well, what would you like to know?"

"How about what you did just now. What was that all about?" For a moment I looked at him confused. "Your eyes, they played out something. It was when I was looking if anyone applied for a job."

"I'm so sorry about that. I can't really control it. For some reason, I'm able to look into the past or the future. But, it happens at random moments. I was born with it. I don't know where I even got it from."

"That very interesting." He said nodding his head not breaking eye contact. "Makes me want to look into your eyes more to see if it happens again." I look down and pull a strand of hair back behind my ear, embarrassed. "Sorry, I didn't mean to embarrassed you or make you uncomfortable."

"I-It's alright, I'm just not used to people saying that about my...strange talent."

"Strange? Why would you think it's strange. It's actually very unique."

"Thank you, all my life people called me a freak for having this talent. Nice to know someone doesn't think it's strange." I look down at the table and notice a bowl of pomegranate seeds.

He picks up the bowl smiling. "Would you like some?" He said offering me the bowl.

"Yes, thank you," I said taking a seed form the bowl and eating it. "This is the sweetest pomegranate I've had," I said smiling as he smiled back at me.