Passing Dawn

(AN: Yes, Silent-Reaper is back with a chapter! The reason for my absence was from my sudden trip to Florida. I have no excuse for not telling you guys, and for that I deeply apologize. 

The reasons are a Family-friend party and a tiny reunion, so I couldn't resist the urge to NOT go. Partying and reconnecting is in my blood, my dudes! 

Enjoy the chapter. I did try my best on the first section of it, and I hope it isn't shit. Or very very short. Basically, describing fighting scenes aren't my cup of ice water if you catch my heat. 

In fact, this is actually my first time writing one. I made sure to keep Monty Oum in mind, as we all know how much he loved fighting scenes, so I hope this is enough to make him proud up there in the skies. Rest in Peace, Monty my dude. Okay, read on!)

DISCLAIMER: RWBY and Seven Deadly Sins belong to their respective owners. 

--/-/--

Rouge definitely wasn't having the best of luck today. Last night was just the start of the chaos. Cooking breakfast was tiring, but at least she gave Escanor's journal to Jaune. Then Vert went up and disappeared for a mission. 

Now, she's clashing swords with one of the most well-known and feared bandit leader in all of Mistral. Save Jaune. Kill the intruder. Find and punish Vert- Ah, damn it!

Raven's sword sliced over her head. From this distance, she hovered her other swords behind the woman and stab her, yet Raven dodged without even so much as a glance. 

Rouge quickly lifted her sword to defend herself from another quick slice aiming for her head. Shit.  Ruthless and skilled does match her style. But there's always a weakness to these types of fighters. 

"Your skills of the blade seemed to have rust, Crimson Lion. Did raising children made you this slow?" The bandit-queen mocked as she took another offensive stance. Her eyes trailed to Raven's left hand, gripping her son's neck. Instinctively, her Aura flared brighter. 

She closed their distance and locked swords once more with the woman. "You hinted that Vert told you of my son, why would he told you this and where is he?" Her voice bellowed full of Aura. A small chuckle came out underneath the white mask. 

"For the second one, the coward you called a husband is being watched over at one of my hideouts." Rouge's grip of her sword tightened as three swords hovered above them. Raven leaned forward, and whispered.

"As for the first, you should see the look of relief on his face when I assured him that I will take your son away.'In favor of the Arcs.' I said. Oh, how generous of me." She shoved Rouge back and deflected the swords over her away. 

Rouge regained her balance, and pointed her sword. "Enough of the lies, wench! A coward he may be, but he wouldn't dare take such actions." The ground beneath her cracked. Raven chuckled.  

"But I have no reason to lie. I see that deep down, you know it to be true." Raven took another offensive stance, and patiently waited for the Arc matriarch to approach. 

"I mean, how else would I bypass the security system of your fancy mansion, along with the location of this vault that you lounge around so much without some assistance?" 

"Nonsense! Release my child!" Rouge's flowing hair glowed gold and engulfed her upper body.  Then, a small blast erupted from her, staggering Raven. Seeing this, she dashed and kicked her gut before the woman can have a slight chance to recover. 

Just as she was about to slice the black-haired bitch from head to toe, her blade stopped inches away from her son's face. 

Raven managed to hold Jaune to her head, using him as a meat-shield. "Ah, ah, ah~ Be careful there, almost killed my little monster." Damn. So close. Hold on, son! Rouge took a step back, giving Raven the chance to stand.