2.

The next morning Martin's whole body tensed as he woke to feel strong arms wrapped around him until he heard a gentle whisper, "it's only me" Dave whispered and Martin allowed himself to relax again as Dave planted a small kiss on the top of Martins head.

"Morning" Martin mumbled before he gently rolled away from Dave to go and get him self a coffee. Dave let out a small huff at the loss of contact to which Martin let out a little giggle replying "coffee".

Martin went to stand from the bed but let out a low pained growl before falling back into the bed as tears stung in his eyes.

"Shit, Mart are you okay?" Dave asked panicked. Martin took in a sharp breath, refusing to open his eyes and let tears fall before nodding.

"You wait here, I'll grab you some coffee" Dave said in a gentle voice before standing up to leave and make coffee for the two of them.

Martin squeezed his eyes closed tightly to try and stop any tears from falling as he felt pathetic and useless. He couldn't even do such a simple task as getting coffee for him and his boyfriend.

Martin sniffled gently as he felt the first tear fall while waiting for Dave to return.

When Dave did return he saw Martin with his eyes screwed tightly shut as gentle tears fell down his face and little sniffles escaped from him.

"Mart" Dave whispered concerned, putting their coffees down on the table, "what's wrong baby?" Martin opened his eyes, they were glossy and wet and he looked over at the brunette boy.

"I feel so useless" Martin mumbled his voice hoarse. "I can't even do a task as simple as make coffee for us, what a pathetic boyfriend I am" Martin mumbled his voice cracking midway through his sentence.

"Oh Mart" Dave mumbled shuffling closer to Martin, only for him to tense up. "Hey I'm not going to hurt you, I promise. Can I come over?" Dave asked.

"I need a minute" Martin mumbled.

Time to mentally prepare himself, to convince himself that it's just his boyfriend and that his boyfriend wouldn't hurt him.

"Of course" Dave mumbled with a sympathetic smile.

"I'm sorry" Martin mumbled letting a few more tears fall. "I'm the worst boyfriend in the world" he mumbled. "No you aren't Martin." Dave said in a strong tone as if to get through to Martin and make him understand that what he was saying just wasn't true.

"You can come over" Martin whispered and Dave shuffled closer to Martin, he moved his thumb to the blonde boy's face to wipe his tears. As Dave wiped away the first tear, Martins whole body froze. "Shit I'm sorry" Dave mumbled quickly moving his hand from the young boy's face.

"No, no it's okay" Martin said gently and used all of his courage to gently wrap his hand in Dave's, making the brunette smile slightly.

"Martin you are not pathetic or useless, you clearly went through something traumatic last night, you're allowed to be afraid, that doesn't make you weak" Dave said and Martin nodded weakly, refusing to meet the eyes of his lover.

"I love you" Martin mumbled causing his lover to break out in a grin, "I love you too."

"Want your coffee?" Dave asked and Martin nodded gently and Dave handed the small cup across to the curly haired boy. Dave then drank his own.

"Mart, I think you should come with me to see Alan and Fletch, they're worried sick about you and you need to tell us what happened" Dave said in a gentle voice.

Martin looked up to reach Dave's eyes, a flash of fear appeared in his eyes momentarily but he dismissed it, "okay" Martin nodded. "Thank you" Dave whispered with a slight smile.