^Happier (Play video for music)^

Sam sat in the corner of his room crying silently. He had his door locked and windows closed, no lights on and isn't responding to any texts. It had been a month since Colby had left Sam for Brennen and Sam was broken. He couldn't think and he felt like he was drowning in pain. He couldn't stop imagining Colby in his own arms. He didn't know what he did wrong to make Colby leave... 

Sam picked up his guitar and began to play a song he knew from Ed Sheeran.

"Walking down 29th and park"

"I saw you in another's arms..."

Sam remembers seeing Colby in Brennen's arms. 

"Only a month we've been apart"

"You look happier..."

He paused for a second for a tear to run down his face before continuing the song.

"Saw you walk inside a bar"

"He said something to make you laugh..."

Sam thought of all the times he had been the one to make Colby laugh.

"I saw that both your smiles were twice as wide as ours"

"Yeah, you look happier, you do..."

Sam heard Corey and Aaron nock on his door, he didn't care though so he kept on playing.

"Ain't nobody hurt you like I hurt you"

"But ain't nobody love you like I do"

"Promise that I will not take it personal, baby, if you're movin' on with someone new"

Even though Sam hated seeing Colby with Brennen, he still had to support his best friends.

"'Cause baby you look happier, you do! My friends told me that one day I'll feel it too..."

He remembers the day when he sat on the couch with Elton, Aaron, Corey, and Devyn and they all told him things would feel better. It's been one whole month and he still feels like crap.

Sam wipes a tear from his eyes and continues.

"And until then I'll smile to hide the truth..."

"But I know I was happier with you...." 

Sam stops playing and curls up into a ball. He starts sobbing. Sam feels numb to everything now that Colby, the one light in Sam's darkness, is gone...

"Sam... open the door please." a soft voice says on the other side of Sam's door. Sam remembers the voice but it couldn't be real. He stands up and makes his way to the door.

Sam pushes the door open and peaks out of his room to see Colby standing in front of him. He couldn't believe it.

"Sam, I'm sorry." Colby starts, "I didn't notice how much I'd hurt you until today when I saw a text from Elton saying you've been in your room for a whole week. I'm sorry that I left you. I was wrong to do it and I know you shouldn't forgive me but I just wanted to say that..." Colby pauses.

"I still love you..."

Sam pulls Colby into a hug and cries into his hoodie, Colby holds Sam tighter and doesn't ever want to let go again.

---------------

Sorry for this sad chapter. I wasn't feeling too good today so I wrote something a little sad. But hey, at least there's a happy ending :) 

~Jay