Chapter 6

Raven’s Chains looks like the picture but longer and thicker…… ------------------>

Today Raven meets her new house mates <3 Isn’t that grand?

____________________________________________________________________________

Quickly my foggy brain scouted the area; optionally I choke on the smoke. I shot upright trying to figure out what the hell was happening. I realize that the floor was smoking and the bed room’s temperature was higher. I was all sticky and sweaty; I poked at my mind to figure out what happening.

It was through a window over the bed. I couldn’t make it through the smoke clearly to the door so that was out of the picture. So the window above my head was my only way out. I felt the smoke choking me, I was panting at this point, trying to get air in my lungs.  Am sure it is easy that I could get to the window, I mean it was just above my head.

 Easy ………..right?

 Wrong, the fire on the floor made it weak the moment I shift I will be through the floor and into the basement fire.  The wood began to become black and rotten as the floor towards the door fell and I saw the flames eating away coming towards me.  Anymore pressure would have sent me into the flames.

I looked around and saw the chain at the edge of my bed, close to my toes. I hooked my big toe under the chains and pulled it to my hand slowly standing at the head of the bed looking up. I was suffocating, I needed some O2 or I would die in here at this moment.

I threw the end of the chain into the window and the heat and the hard hit I gave it broke the window completely. The smoke stormed out of the cabin and I gasp trying to breath better, thank the lord I could. I heard the floor beneath the bed creaked signaling that it was about to give out. The wood began to darken and the flames seep through.

I held onto the chain pulling it and rolling it over my fist, I then jumped throwing the rows of hood making up the ceiling. The chain hooked onto the row and the bed went into the flames. I pumped my legs and swing sending my body through the window.

I let the chain go and slammed into the window’s opening. I sailed through the air exhaling deeply once I made it through. To my horror I sailed through the air falling onto my knees rapidly. As to break my fall I tuck my leg to my chest and ended up rolling in the dirt upon connecting with the ground. When I finally came to a halt I pushed my small frame upwards.

When I got on my feet I brushed the leaves and dirt from my clothing. I saw the flames roared at me through the glass and I smirked flipping the bird at them and stick my tongue out.  The cottage was completely covered in flames. I cheated death once again… I am not going to die until I see my twin bitches! A sting of pain shot through my leg when I tried to move but I ignored it immediately.

I noticed that most of the flames were coming from the lower area of the cottage. The fire couldn’t have started itself of that I was very sure. Curious, I moved around to see how the suspects could have gotten in without using the door since it lead to my bed room and I didn’t sleep dead at all.

I was far from surprise when I saw the cottage had a small entrance with a broken lock, I concluded that this was no accident. I couldn’t go any closer to the entrance with the amount of smoke and fire pouring out almost blinding me. I began to go around the front and kick at the leaves, something caught my attention and I paused. I found size 7 and I size 8 pair of foot prints in the dirt and frown. I thank John for his weird tracking teachings he gave me as a kid. Moving to the closest tree and sniffed it, it had its natural scent with the scent of vanilla.

So the person who set my cabin on fire liked vanilla, I will keep that in mind. I recovered the tracks I found and make my way back to the front of the house. I needed a bath, my hair desperately needed attention and I was still piss about my wake up call. I finally made it to the front of the house picking at the leave that was stuck in my black mane.