A New Normal

2 MONTHS PREGNANT

The car pulls to a slow stop as we pull out in front of our parking space in the hotel as we exit the car. We bought food, drinks and some stuff for the baby like the much needed vitamins and just some little foods I've been craving. We grab the bags of food and made our way towards the room. "How is the peanut doing?" Calum asks grabbing my hand softly. "This child will be the death of me." I laugh. The elevator reaches the 15th floor and we exit. Calum swipes our key card and we walk into our room. But something seemed off. I walk into the room to reach the kitchen when I felt like someone was in the room with us. "Hey babe when you're done in the kitchen we have some shopping to do." Calum calls from the bathroom. I smile to my self and bite my lip as I put away the food in the fridge and cabinets we bought. I felt someone creep up on me and wrap their hands on my hips pulling me close to them.

The scent was soft and cozy..... Calum for sure. Until I heard the toilet flush.... "I finally found you Megan." The deep voice rasps in my ear. Luke. I grip the counter so hard that I have white knuckles. He traces small kisses on my neck stopping at my ear. "I love you." He whispers in my ear trying to drag me out of the kitchen. "You have 3 fucking seconds to let go of the girl or I  the living shit out of you." Calum says opening the door. "1....... 2......" Calum counts. Luke lets go on two walking over to Calum. "Her and I meant to be so back the fuck up." He says. "Oh is that why she is pregnant with your child and on the run with you?" Calum says punching Luke. Tears stream down my face as Calum drags Luke out our room by the collar of his flannel. "Hurry and pack the clothes. I am going to get a cooler and a bag of ice. We have to be gone in an hour. Do as I say babe." He says walking back to where I stood. Our lips connect and I felt the fireworks in my stomach. He pulls away and I look in his deep eyes biting my lip. "I love you babies." He says grabbing my belly. "We love you." I call out as he rushes out the door.

As soon as he walks out the door I grab all his clothes and fold them quickly and stuff them in his duffle. Collect our things out the bathroom stuff them in pockets in both our bags. I grab my bras throw them in my bag and fold all the hoodies I used. Once the bags and shoes are put together I rush to the kitchen and collect all the dry food and put them in a reusable bag and slide them on the counter. Calum rushes in the room with the cooler and ice as we pack all the cold foods in the cooler. "Ya know I never expected this run away to be so fun..." I smile at Calum as we throw the lid onto the cooler. We rush out of the room stumbling as we burst out of the room.

We run to the car breathless and tired. "Damn. It's not even 7 am and I'm forced to rush out of state!" Calum laughs as we throw the bags in the trunk. The cooler is placed just behind Calum's side of the car. We jump in our seats. A strange rush hit me as Calum starts the car and floors it. We get out of the parking garage and into the hustle of New York.

Once we stop for some food Calum and I sit by an entrance ramp giggling. "So you just got pants in front of your mom while you were drunk?!" I laugh. The sun warming the air. "Where to now?" Calum asks starting.

"Let's just drive where ever our heart demands. No destination just you. me. and. the little  peanut." I smile. Calum takes my hand and enters on the interstate headed west.....

Well baby. Here' st othe journey

We merge on the interstate and the wind rushes in my hair as Calum intertwines our fingers lightly hanging them over the center arm rest. "Here I wanna think of more names for the little peanut." Calum says handing me a note and a notepad. "I really Bethany." He smiles looking at me.

then the whole world went black.

I feel my body collide with something hard and I got my head smash on the seat pretty hard,

I woke up in a haze and my head felt as if someone hit me with a sledge hammer. "Miss White?" A tall elderly man in scrubs asked me. "Yes?" I ask squinted from the harsh light hurting my eyes.

"We think you lost the baby." He says taking a seat on the edge of my bed. "But on top of that Calum might not pull through. He has severely broken ribs a punctured lung and to put the icing on this crap cake of a day his heart gave up on care flight. They got him breathing after a few minutes but it might have caused brain damage. We won't know about Calum for a few hours. A day tops, lets check on the little tike here." He says pulling over an ultrasound machine....

No matter what he did we couldn't find the heartbeat. "Hey did you know you have triplets?" He asks rubbing his stubble chin. "No I only knew of one." I say into between sobs. "Well what it looks like they are healthy." He says. "These 3 kids are a medical mystery, from your medical history those kids would've died when you got attacked. I am bed riddening you till full term. This is the 3rd time these kids almost died. The only traveling you can do is car rides. No fast foods and you can only eat healthy." He says patting my knee lightly and left the room. I sat in my room baffled about what just happened when alarms sounded and nurses were bolting down the hallway. "Code blue. I repeat patient Hood has coded." Rang over head softly. With my nursing skills i knew he probably won't make it out of it okay. I collaspe into my pillows sobbing uncontrobally unable to breathe properly.

I must've fallen asleep because I awoke the next morning by having someone flick on my light. I sit up as they wheel chair over to me. Of fucking course it's Luke. He looks pretty rough. A broken leg and a sling for his arm. "I had to stop you from leaving." He says grabbing my hand. "By almost killing the man I love. Fuck off." I spat at him. I frantically rang for a nurse while he wasn't looking. "I love you." He says reaching for my hand again. "I love Calum." I smile. "I hit you two from Calum's side. There is no way he could make it. The nurses almosy put him on life support last night." He says with a devil grin. A nurse rushs in and takes Luke to his room. "Could I get a wheel chair?" I ask the male nurse. He leaves fof a moment and returns. "Thanks for helping me." I say as he helps me into the chair.

I wheel down the hall way to the ICU rooms as the nurse at the front desk instructed. "12.... 13... Ah room 14.' I say to myself as I roll into the room. Calum was still almost motionless untill he saw me. I rolled ove to him. I placed his hand on my belly.

"Its triplets." I smile.