26.Acid Blood (Toast)

I sent Spencer out for the medical supplies that Ghost wrote down. No, wait that wasn't Ghost. It was Jimmy, right? I didn't understand what he meant that Ghost was going to be in immense pain. But, It was the first time since I met him where he was utterly serious, and practically begging me for help. I couldn't just refuse. He even went so far as to ask permission, although I don't think it was to leave Ghost. Why is Ghost like this? Why did Jimmy leaving him, cause this much pain for him?

"Toatht I'm back. Though I have no idea why you sthent me for all thisth sthuff." I ran, grabbed the bags and hurried to the medical wing in the base. I am so glad Jess thought of this. I set up a bed and mixed the Iv stuff like how Jimmy had written it. Then I ran, picked up Ghost, and brought him back.

"Don't worry Sir. You going to feel much better." His breathing was erratic and every once in a while he would whimper. He was overheating and was sweating buckets. I grabbed his arm and wrapped the tourniquet around it.  I grabbed the blood work needle and stuck it in his vein, that way I can blood before I put the Iv in. I want to make sure what I'm doing is going to help. I waited patiently for the vial to fill.

"HEY TOAST YOUR OUT OF OREO'S!" I jumped in surprise at Papa yelling. Next thing I know I hear glass shatter. I look down to I broke the vial. Blood covered my gloves and the equipment. I go to clean up my hands and end up dropping glass onto the floor as I open my right hand. I immediately regret it. The glass that I had dropped had cut into the glove, allowing Ghosts blood to get onto my hand when I opened it. I took both gloves off as I raced to the bathroom. My skin was bubbling and beginning to peel. I had felt this much burning pain since that firestarter tried to light me up. I put my hand under the water and watched as the blood washed off. Everywhere it touched it burned. Why was Ghost blood like this? Was this why he was in so much pain? If so then why wasn't he in pain all the time? Why was it only when Jimmy left him?

When I was finished I went and grabbed antibiotics and treated my hand. I walked back out to take care of the mess and Ghost when I found it all taken care of already. The blood was cleaned up. The needles were disposed of and Ghost had his IV in. For all my anxiety over what the IV would do to him, He did seem a lot better. His breathing had slowed and he was sleeping peacefully. Who took care of everything?

"Sthome doctor you are Dr. Toastht." I look over to see Spencer sitting in one of the chairs with a book. 

"Did you do this?"

"I am like a bazthilion years old, You'd think I'd know a few things about medicthion." I never really thought about that. He is a time traveler and on top of that, He was revived by some weird cult. Just because he looks like he's 17 doesn't mean he actually is.

"Thank you, I had a bit of an emergency." I said showing him my hand. It had stopped hurting but the damage was still there.

"You're a werewolf?" I started to choke. His question came as a shock. I mean I show him my hand and he asks if I'm a werewolf. How am I supposed to answer that? Ghost is the only one who knows. I haven't even told Jessi. Which she shouldn't care seeing as how she's paranormal too. "What happened?"

"I, uh, I broke the, uh, the vial."

"No I mean, How'd you get his blood on you?" I looked at him with a look of confusion. Why does that matter? "Your alive so it couldn't have been that bad."

"What are you talking about?"

"As long as your ok then it doesthn't matter. Right now we have to..." All of a sudden Ghost woke up and started coughing up blood. I go over to help, grabbing a washcloth on the way.

"Don't." Ghost said as I go to clean up the blood he coughed up. He took the washcloth and cleaned himself up, refusing to let me take it when he was done. Spencer came over with a toxic bin and Ghost tosses the washcloth in. "Your hand."

"Uh yeah, I had a bit of emergency." Ghost looks over at Spencer who just nods his head. Ghost then looks back at it with solemn eyes. I don't understand this. What is wrong with Ghost? Why did his blood hurt me like this? And why is Ghost refusing my help?

 "Stho Ghostht I'm asthuming from that coughing fit. Our friend hasthn't returned yet." Ghost shook his head and laid back down. He stared at the IV in his arm. I got a sick feeling he's been through this before. "I told you before you should have this sthtuff sthomewhere justht in casthe of an emergency, didn't I?"

"He said we didn't need it." Spencer just looked at him with a look that said 'and you listened'. All I knew was I was lost. I was being left out of the loop with something as important as my best friends life. I didn't like it at all.

"Calm down Toast. Your fangs are showing." Ghost joked, trying to lighten the mood, but he stopped as it sent him into another coughing fit. Once again Spencer handed him a washcloth and when they were done it went straight into the toxic bin. Now, normally I would be fine with that. It had blood on it anyway, what upset me was they went out of their way to make sure I didn't come in contact with it. After what happened before I don't really want to, I'm just worried about my best friend. How could his blood act so much like acid? It didn't even burn through anything else but my skin. It was fine until I opened my hand. 

What is wrong with my friend?