Chapter One

"What the fuck, Cooper? Who plays Total Eclipse of the Heart at a pub of all places?" I exclaimed. Cooper pretended to take offense and placed his hand on his chest, opening his mouth dramatically, "Do you have a problem with this masterpiece, Y/N?" He then pointed toward the door where a few more customers opened, "I think you're gonna have to leave."

I rolled my eyes and picked up a tray, "It takes too long. By the time it reaches the chorus, I'm already 2 years older. I don't want to suddenly have a stable career and a loving husband by the time my shift ends." I then left the bar to go wait on some tables, praying to God that Cooper would change the song.

If someone told me to define unorthodox, I would immediately say the Ecclesiastes Pub. Not only was it originally a convent back in the olden days before Jesus was around, but it was a brothel until around 1950 when Arthur, Cooper's dad, had bought it and turned it into a bar. If I were being honest, however, I would say that it still sort of was a brothel. A lot of sex workers tended to pop by to solicit themselves or to buy a drink and we're the only pub in Southwest London to not turn them away. How could we not? They bring good money.

However, sex work isn't the only crime that tended to pop by for a quick hello. Before buying the bar, Arthur had been involved with the infamous Holland mafia. Because of this, many mob bosses have stopped by to discuss business and have the occasional standoff. Yet, in my three years of working here, I had never seen Tom Holland or his men set foot in here.

Since there was a Premier League game going on tonight, the pub was quite packed and buzzing with noise. As each minute flew by, everyone kept getting drunker and more flirtatious as I walked by, and if I were a little more naive, I would've been quite disturbed, but nowadays, I was a little more annoyed.

By the time I came back to the bar with numerous orders written in my notepad, the songs had changed and Cooper was still griping about me not liking Total Eclipse of the Heart. "It's a fucking masterpiece, Y/N. Bonnie Tyler AND Meatloaf, a duet we needed but didn't deserve," he muttered as he fixed me the drinks.

I placed the drinks on my tray and opened my mouth to say something snarky when the door had opened and numerous men entered, including the Devil himself: Tom Holland. They all wore suits that probably costed more than my rent and cold stares that could petrify all of London. Despite helping numerous amounts of criminals before, I had felt a twinge of fear when he looked Cooper and I's way. My heart stopped beating for a second and my breath had ran away from my lungs, as if it didn't want to be near such evil.

Tom Holland was the definition of malicious. When he turned eighteen, he killed his father in order to obtain the role as alpha, though it was never proven that he did. He shot a man twice in the leg for not looking him in the eye, claiming it as a sign of weakness and he didn't do business with any weak men. There's rumors that if any men belonging to the mafia even express a hint of wanting to leave, Holland takes them to his office to "talk", but the men are never seen again and life goes on without them.

With all these thoughts rushing in my mind, I had completely forgotten about his presence until he cleared his throat and I was brought back to reality. Shoving my fear aside, I faked a smile and said, "Welcome to the Ecclesiastes, is there anything in particular that you need?"

"Two single malt scotches, one on the rocks. My men and I will be sitting back there," Tom pointed towards the back booth. By now, the game was forgotten and everyone stared at the mob boss before coming up to the bar to pay their tab and leave. In just a few moments, the pub went from thriving to barren. "Okay, I'll bring them back in a few moments," I said as they left.

Once their backs were turned, I dropped my facade and faced Cooper, who was just about as pale as I was. "I'm not imagining this, right?" He asked, his voice barely above a whisper. I shook my head and sat down on a stool, my head propped on my hand, "Unfortunately no."