Chapter Four

Though I probably should have, I didn't tell anybody about the call or text. I knew that it was stupid of me to do so, but I'm living in the house of the most dangerous man in the country, so I figured that a threat was practically nothing. It might not even be a threat; for all I know, it's a stupid prank.

     The next morning I woke up around 8:00, hoping that was early enough for Tom. After getting dressed, I walked down the stairs and saw only Tom and Harrison conversing at the kitchen counter. They both were dressed impeccably (why should I be surprised) and stopped talking once they noticed I was present.

     "Look what the cat dragged in," Harrison said, taking a sip from his glass. "I'm looking at it and there's not much to see," I equivocated. Harrison pursed his lips before turning back to Tom to resume their conversation. I sat down in the chair next to Harrison, marveling at the kitchen as well. Everything about this house screamed I shouldn't be here and they were right. However, the house was going to have to suck my dick because apparently I'm not going anywhere.

     "So where's all your henchmen and shit? Isn't this house supposed to have eyes everywhere?" I took an apple from a nearby fruit basket and not into it. Tom filled a glass of water and handed it to me and answered, "I have eyes all over London and the U.K., Y/N. The lot of them don't come here until nine; only Harrison and I live here." He handed the glass to me and I thanked him quietly, taking a sip, "So the mafia's a 9-5 business then?" "Not at all," Tom shook his head, almost cracking a smile at my joke.

      For a while, we didn't say anything to one another. I was finishing my glass and Tom began to cook breakfast. It smelled delicious and I was tempted to ask for some, but I figured best not to. The sun was rising gradually and wisps of orange and yellows rays managed to squeeze in through the closed curtains and dance across the house as if they were lovers.

     Tom turned around with two plates of eggs and sausage, giving one to Harrison. He then looked at me and asked, "Did you want something?" "No, but you probably should've asked before you started cooking," I said. He took a forkful of eggs and lifted them to his mouth, "One day you're going to wish you didn't have that sharp tongue."

     While the two were eating, I headed back to my room, deciding that I'll start my job when everyone else does.  I unplugged my phone from the charger and opened it, mulling over the photo like I had ever since I received it. I could see the picture detail by little detail even when I closed my eyes, but it pained me that I didn't know who she was or who sent this to me. Is this a riddle I'm supposed to solve?   Was I supposed to figure out who she is or why this photo has so much meaning and suddenly stop some psychotic maniac? Was this woman after me or was she also being chased? I literally know nothing about her, who she is, her favorite color, if she went to college or not.

     Someone knocked on the door and immediately I took myself out of my messages and turned off my phone. "Come in," I said and Harrison entered the room. "While you're up, might as well start you on some training," he looked a little too smug for my taste and I wanted to punch out his perfect teeth. Why the fuck were the two men in charge of the most feared mafia fucking gods? Last I remembered, mob bosses were fat guys who practically beat the living shit out of Viagra.

     I nodded my head and stood up, brushing myself off and trying to shake the photo out of my head. "Do you want me to change into something different?" I asked. "Preferably, unless you really would like to sweat your ass if in those jeans," he gestured to my pants.

     "Good...good, you have decent form, Y/N. I'm impressed," Harrison nodded along as I kept punching the bag with the new technique he taught me. I didn't let the compliment go to my head, so I ignored it, continuing to throw more punches to the poor bag. Too much was on my mind and honestly, the training was a great stress reliever. Sweat was getting near my eye,  so I paused for a bit and wiped it off, but that was when I looked up at the news. Where the photo of the girl was displayed on screen.