Chapter 2

You were right the cops did question you. They came knocking on your door and asked if you saw anything and you told them what you planned to tell. ‘Oh i just heard a couple loud bangs and that was it’. You could tell they didn't really believe you at first until they questioned other ‘witnesses' and they said the same as you. ‘I just heard a loud noise outside’, ‘i thought it was a racoon knocking over trash cans’, ‘Yeah i heard a loud noise but i didn't see anything why ask?’.

Apparently everyone on levels one to three heard the noise clearly. Levels four to six said the sound was distinct and seven to eight didn't hear anything at all. You lived on Level one aka floor one. But after being questioned and being warned to lock all windows and doors you went back to sleep. It was restless like sleep because you couldn't get the image of the blue haired or purpled haired male out of your mind.

Then your annoying alarm clock went off. It was seven am in the morning and it was time to get ready for work. You did your usual morning routine. Take a shower, brush hair, brush teeth, and put on uniform and shoes. You sighed a bit as you left your apartments being sure to lock it before you took off completely.

You are sixteen years old and living by yourself and with a job. It saddens you sometimes that you had to grow up quickly. The reason to this is because both your parents died in a accident a while ago that you don't really like talking about. Foster care wasn't a big thing around here so everyone who was on the case said you were old enough and responsible enough to live on your own. You worked at a gas station called the ‘Circle B’ and during certain hours of the day they place would be packed.

Anyways, you made it the gas station but couldn't help but feel like you were being watched on part of your journey there. You made it there just on time it was seven thirty.

“Good morning” you tiredly told your co worker aka your best friend. “Morning~” she greeted happily. “You’re finally on time for opening” She said as she unlocked the doors and couple of people waiting outside entering the small building as well.

You pouted “Whatever” you told her as you both made it behind the counter. She patted on her name tag. “Finally got a new one” she said. Her old was wearing out and it was hard to read. On her name tag it read ‘Kourtney’.

“Nice, nice” you said and patted on your name tag. “We have been working here for what? Six months? I never dropped mine” You said and she rolled her eyes playfully. “Yeah, yeah well we have customers” She said smiling as a customer approached her. You and her both only worked five to six hours it was twelve o'clock now and more Co workers came in to take your place. You and Kourtney both waved by to each other before before parting ways down separate street's.

On your shortcut way home there was never anybody who was around. But your heart sunk a little as you saw a figure in the alley where the ‘Homeless guy’ used to live. You started walking a bit faster, your apartment coming in view. But then you saw a purple flash and there was the Black rabbit in front of you, he wore a black pants and a black zipped up jacket and a purple scarf, and black boots as well.

And of course a black mask in the shape of a rabbit. He charged at you causing you to stumbled backwards and eventually fall on your butt. He then, well he practically flew on top on you causing you lay flat on your back. You looked at him with wide eyes and your mouth ajar. He had one hand raised in the air at ready to strike and other pressed down on your collar bone to keep your from attempting to rise or attempt to get up.

It was quite awkward because he didn't do anything for a good one minute straight. Then the hand that was ready to strike moved to his mask and he took it off. He gave you the same look as he did yesterday. “Give me a good reason to not kill you and you better be quick cause I'm impatient ” He warned. “Uh well. When i was questioned yesterday i didn't tell them that i saw you” you said quickly but slow enough to understand. You were still having a bit trouble processing what was going on.

“hmm” he let out “Not good enough cause you could tell anytime” He said saying the word ‘tell’ in a sarcastic like tone. The hand that was on your collar bone was now wrapping around your throat tightening ever so often. Your mind was getting a bit hazy and you just blurted out the first thing you could think of. “What if we make a deal?” You said in a raspy tone due to his hand tightening around your throat. He rose a brow and loosens his hand a bit.

“A deal?” He said in slight disbelief. “That's patheti-” he continued on but you interrupted him which clearly annoyed him. “Hear me out. I'm going to assume you have a hate for humans right?” You asked. He just starred so you took that as a yes. “What if i can prove to you that not all of us are bad?” You suggested. He still didn't say anything.

“You can choose how much time i have” You said. He seemed to take a deep breath in. “Fine” he said “You have two weeks” He said and got off of you. You shakely stood up and dusted yourself off. “Your time starts tomorrow cause i have better things to be doing right now” And with that he took off before you could even say anything back.

You practically ran back to your apartment cause you felt like you were about to fall. You closed the door behind you and slid down it. You processed everything that happened and still couldn't believe it. Many thoughts were racing through your head. Like:

‘I could lose my life in two weeks’, ‘My life could be cut short painfully’, ‘what if i can prove to him though?’, ‘what if i can and he will let me live’.

Those thoughts only encouraged you to prove to him that not all humans had bad intentions to his kind.

You nodded to yourself thinking that you can do this.