S N E A K - P E A K

The DA slammed the folder against the table as he kept his eyes trained on me.

"Angela, you were one of us."

He began flipping through the pictures of the violent murders, pictures of my own circumstances at the hands of Columbo.

"Ang, just tell us what you know and you can go."

I could tell he was annoyed, I didn't say a word. I knew I'd been on the other side before, but I couldn't out Tino. No matter what he did, I couldn't. Things were different now.

"Fuck my life, he's already going away forever. Just roll on him and let's move on. Think of all the badges of honor you'll get for what you been through. Crazy enough already, the department wants to pay you a salary even if you don't stay."

He shook his head, I could tell DA Dolcesangri had enough. The sweat beaded on his forehead, it looked as if he'd have a heart attack any moment.

"Ange!" he screamed in my face, spittle splashing me.

I stayed quiet, watching the wall behind him, looking right through him. I knew if I said nothing, there wasn't much he could do. I'd broke no laws, done nothing I shouldn't... That he knew about.

Dolcesangi left the room. All I could hear was the fluorescent bulb, the hum filled the room and that is what I concentrated on. I knew they were watching me on the other side of the two way mirror. I just sat their quietly.

Behind the glass...

"She won't talk." Sangidolce remarked to the assistance DA as they sat their watching Angela through the glass.

"Perhaps we bring in Mr Lucchesse in hopes of one of them slipping." Mclalen remarked as he watched Angela, looking for any weakness he could extort. He had a feeling Mr Lucchesse was that weakness.

Sangidolce nodded. "I'll try anything, I need sleep." He rubbed his tired eyes, it'd be two days with no more than a few hours of rest, he didn't know how Angela was still enduring interrogations.

Back in Interogation...

My stomach lurched as the door opened, my mouth was parch and my lips were cracking. I'd barely received medical care before they released me to the DA.

My eyes widened when a shackled Tino walked into the room before the Da.

"You motherfucker! Why would you even come?" I was furious and I flipped the table, partly trying to throw whatever I had at my disposal, at Tino.

Valentino put his hands in the air, a mock surrender. I could see the hurt on his face mixed with yearning as if he'd actually wanted to see me again.

He moved across the room as if to embrace me and I kicked the chair at him.

"Stay the fuck away from me." I didn't want to see him, especially after finding out he'd knocked Carmella up.

"Ange please...." He said into the space between us.

"Where's Carmella? Your baby's mama too good to come bail your ass out?" I wanted to hit him where it hurt, like he hurt me. I bit my lip, holding back the intense urge to cry.

"You know I don't give two shits about her." He looked hurt and that's what I wanted.

I shook my head and laughed "Pathetic Valentino, Head of the Lucchesse crime family and you can't even lie right.

I clasped my hands over my mouth, Valentino shook his head at me.

The DA and his assistant burst through the door, I knew I just gave them what they wanted.

"Valentino Lucchese, you are under arrest." Dolcesangri looked ever so satisfied with himself.

I slumped to the ground, watching as they grabbed Tino's cuffs and led him from the room, the look on his face is one I never want to see again.

I fucked up.