Chapter 1

While he was hismy way to school, a text appeared before Christian's eyes

[You have been invited to another world. Accept invitation? (Yes)(No)]

"Huh, invited to another world? What's this?" Well, it was  something that since he discovered light novels he wanted it to happen to him, so, without thinking too much, he pressed (Yes).

As soon as he pressed (Yes), an incredibly bright light emerged that forced him to close his eyes. When the brightness faded and he could open his eyes again, he was in a white room, like those that usually appear before the protagonists are sent to the new world.

[Congratulations. You are the first person to accept the invitation in less than 10 seconds. As a reward, you can choose a skill (Skill) with which to start your life in the next world.]

"What, the first person to accept in less than 10 seconds? That means there are other people who received the invitation, right? Well, whatever, the important thing is that I can choose an initial skill! " While thinking that, he looked at the list of available skills.

[Curse Lvl1]>

[Heal Lvl1]>

[Fortify Lvl1]>

[Fireball Lvl1]>

[Waterball Lvl1]>

[Earth Bullet Lvl1]>

[Do you want to learn how to use the interface?]

-No, thanks, I've played a lot of games, and I'm used to this kind of interface. Also, it is very intuitive. The skills appear, and by pressing the arrow next to the skill, it gives you the information ...- He said, and pressed the arrow next to the first ability to see what it was.

[Congratulations, you have acquired [Curse Nv1]. You will now be transported to Gearia.]

- Hey? Hey, what was that!? How did I get the [Curse] skill!? I just wanted to see the information! Hey! Hey, I want to choose another skill! - He started screaming at the system, while the blinding light appeared again. 

"Why? I should have accepted the tutorial ... I'm an idiot ... The [Fortify], [Waterball] and [Earth Bullet] skills were interesting, but I wanted to see the information of all off them before choosing. I mean, it was an important decision that would affect my future, and I wanted to consider it carefully, but thanks to my arrogance, now I am with stuck with an unknown skill. "

When the light faded and he could see again, Chris was in the forest hills. In the distance there seemed to be some walls, like a city. Chris decided to fix that point as a destination, and started walking. While walking, he sighed. "Hey, system, how can I see my skill information?" He thought, like mocking his stupidity.

[To get information about a skill, just think "Information (Skill)"]

-...- "I did not expect him to answer me, but what he said reaffirms my theory that I was an idiot ... Well, let's see" Information [Curse]. "

[Curse Nv1: This ability transforms the user's mana into miasma. At Lvl 1, the user can imbue a weapon with miasma, granting it an increase in its offensive capacity, and causing it to inflict negative states (Debuffs) to the enemies you hit. At level 1 the effects that can cause are:

Poison (Low) 40%

Poison (Medium) 10%

Weakness (Low) 5%

Corruption (Beginner) 2%]

-Ohh ... It seems that it is not as bad as I thought ... But what is it that about turning my mana into miasma? -

[Humans and semi-humans possess a natural energy in their bodies, the mana, which they use to use skills or invoke magic. The miasma, on the other hand, is the energy that creates monsters, whichthey use it to use their skills. Having transformed your mana into miasma, you will not be able to use the skills used by humans.]

"Hey, it's a joke, right?" Will I be limited to using only one skill for the rest of my life?!?" This ability no longer seemed so useful to him. "Well, I can not do anything about it, so I'll focus in what I can use. "" System, give me more information about the negative effects that my ability can cause. "

[Poison: A poison derived from the miasma, which reduces the opponent's health over time. Does not affect combat ability.]

[Weakness: A negative effect that causes a fall in the strength and speed of the opponent.] 

[Corruption: The energy of the miasma enters the opponent, corrupting it for 1 day. If the target is not rid of the corruption, it will become a servant of the user]

-Hmm ... It's quite interesting. Seeing it from the point of view of a game, it is a skill dedicated to DoT (Damage over time) -. The most interesting is the debuff with less probability of appearing, "corruption". It seems very powerful, as there seems to be no restriction on level or something.-

Seeing a large branch of robust appearance, Chris thought of something. He approached it, and picked it up. Just as he thought, it had a side a thinner than the other, so it could be used as club."System, how can I use the skill?"

[To use a skill, just think of the name of it with the intention of using it.]

-Ok ...- "Then ... [Curse]", he thought, with the intention of "cursing" the branch he was grabbing. Suddenly, the rudimentary club flashed with a purple light.

[You have cursed "Ruddy Club" It's damage increases by 10]

"Well, it seems that it worked." It even recognized the branch as "Ruddy Club." At least now I have something to defend myself with. "Just as he was thinking about this, I saw a shadow come down from a tree.It was a small humanoid creature whose head barely reached its stomach. Ithad a brownish-green skin, and was carrying a rusty dagger. A goblin? Without giving him time to think, the creature ran to him quickly with its dagger raised. At that moment, he had a chill. This was not a game. It was real life. That creature clearly intended to kill him.

It was almost at his side. He swung his club, and hit the torso of the creature, throwing it to the  side. Surprised by his strength, he read a notification.

[You have applied Poison (Low)]

Chris looked at the creature, which was lying and did not move. On its side, there was a dent, which was swelling and bruising. It seemed to have trouble breathing, probably his ribs had broken. Chris's eyes began to water up. His hands were sweating.

It was the first time I did something like this. The creature seemed to be suffering, and that made him feel nauseated. He approached the creature, with the intention of ending it's suffering, raised the club with both hands, and pushed it towards the head of the creature with all his strength. He felt the impact, and could hear the sound of its skull breaking. Blood and brain matter were thrown in all directions, dirtying him. When he realized what he had done, Cris felt nauseous, fell on his knees and threw up. 

After a while, he got up and cleaned himself as best he could. Trying not to look, he went to the shattered body, grabbed the rusty dagger covered in blood, and while trying to endure the nausea and guilt, walked back to the walls that could be seen in the distance. When he killed the creature, all the negative feelings distracted him from the notification what the system gave.

[You have killed a new species! You have obtained 'Physical Resistance (Low)' skill of Arboreal Goblin.]