If I Could Fly

Chapter 70

A/N - Okay this is a pretty long one for you! Also, sorry in advance...

If I Could Fly - One Direction
"Pay attention, I hope that you listen, 'cause I let my guard down, right now I'm completely defenceless, for your eyes only, I'll show you my heart"

(George POV)

"From now on I'll tell you everything. Starting from what really happened that day, the day that haunts me every night. Starting from the nightmares."

"No Reece, not while you're like this." I said concerningly.

"I'm ready George, I need to tell you." Reece insisted.

"Baby, you've been through enough today, okay? How about you sleep on it, if you're still sure tomorrow, you can tell me then. I don't want you over exhaust yourself." I worried.

Reece nodded. He cuddled into my chest again, laying us back down. He lifted his head up to kiss me. As he laid back down on my chest, he put his left leg on the other side of my body so he was lying completely on top of me. I placed my lips on his head before I starting playing with his hair. I know he enjoys it as much as I do and it calms him a lot, so it's a win-win situation. After half an hour I realised Reece had barely eaten all day, so I wrapped my arms around him tighter and stood up. He clung onto me tightly, a little scared of the sudden movement but he soon relaxed.

"It would be easier if I was on your back." He suggested. He didn't question where we were going surprisingly.

I put him down and picked him back up, this time on my back. I carried him downstairs and placed him on the couch before covering him with a blanket.

"You alright if I grab you some food?" I asked him softly.

He nodded and gave me a soft smile, but his eyes were still filled with pain. I lent down and kissed his forehead. "Make sure you eat too." He said, his voice rough from crying.

I smiled at him. Even with everything he's going through he still takes care of me. I stood up and walked into the kitchen. Lindsey was leaning against the counter with a worried look on her face.

"How's Reece?" She asked.

"Better than he was." I replied with a soft smile.

She nodded in response. "Are you both hungry?"

"Yeah, I came to get him some food." I replied.

"There's some leftover dinner in the fridge, would you like me to hear it up for you?" She asked.

"Yes please." I said gratefully.

Lyndsey heated up the leftover spaghetti and handed two bowls to me. I thanked her and took them over to where Reece was lying on the couch. He sat up and let me slide in next to him. He cuddled up to me instantly. I handed him his bowl of spaghetti.

"Eat as much as you can for me baby."I said, keeping my voice soft before kissing his head.

Reece and I finished quite quickly, I don't think either of us realised how hungry we were. After a few minutes of cuddling, Reece was almost asleep in my arms again. I scooped him up in my arms. He buried his face in the crook of my neck as I carried him back into his bedroom. I laid him down on his be and wrapped him up in the sheets.