After the kiss

When Jake pulled back from the kiss I was breathless. My hands had ended up bunched in his shirt and hair as his were set on my waist. I could tell my cheeks were red and I pulled away to rub them, trying to hide my face.

Jake laughed softly, taking my hands and pulling them away. "Why are you trying to hide Mel? You know you can tell me anything.. Show me anything."

"It doesn't mean I'm not embarrassed Jake! You've kissed so many girls, a-and you're the first person I've ever kissed! I'm so inexperienced compared to them." I whined, burying my face back in his chest.

Jake was my comfort, he always had been. Giving him my first kiss wasn't a problem, because I had dreamed of it. But my insecurities always got the best of me, why do you think I only had one friend?

I could feel Jake's breath ruffle my hair as he sighed. "Princess," god how I loved it when he called me that. "That might have been the best kiss I've ever experienced." He mumbled into my hair.

My cheeks got brighter and I buried my head farther into his skin. "You're lying."

"I'm not." Jake shook his head, pulling away and bending down so we were eye level with each other. "Mel I have liked you for a very long time.. The other girls that I kissed meant nothing. They weren't you.." He rubbed the back of his neck. I could see his cheeks turn pink as he did.

"Is my little Jakey blushing?" I cooed, pinching his cheeks.

Jake swatted at my hands and rolled his eyes. "Way to ruin a moment Mel." He picked up the shoes I had dropped as we kissed. "Come on, let's get you home."

I blushed as he bent down, ready for me to jump on his back. "Jake I'm in a dress."

Jake turned to peek around his shoulder. "So hike it up a bit? It's just us, and I'm not having you walk barefoot across the streets."

Grumbling something, I moved my dress up to my hips and then jumped on his back, letting it fall as I held on to his shoulders. The back of the dress fell nicely to hide my ass and most of Jakes lower back as he stood up. "Thank you," I smiled softly and rested my head in his shoulder.

He made one of those soft grunts guys normally so instead if answering and it made me smile more. "I've liked you for a long time too Jake... It's just.. We're best friends. I didn't want to break that. And.. You're.. You. Star of our schools top teams, popular, beautiful, well liked... I'm an outcast. The only person I talk to is you. If anyone else talks to me it's about art or them asking to borrow my homework because they didn't do theirs..."

I could see the corner of his mouth tilt up as he smiled. "Melany. I have been with you through your crazy boy band phases. Your obsession over chick flicks, you crying over your first period, and then crying when you started getting cramps. I've been with you through the bullies, your parents divorce, and your grandmother dying. I've seen every part of you, good or bad. Do you really think I would leave you just because of some status?"

I buried my face in his neck, embarrassed and relieved. He was right. Jake had been through everything with me. If he hadn't left by now then he wouldn't leave in a week when he saw me with now make up or heard what people at school thought about me. "No." I whispered.

I could feel him chuckle and that made me smile. Not long after that did we make it home. Jake walked me upstairs, refusing to let me go until he dropped me on the bed.

Laughing, I pushed the dress down to cover myself and then sat up on the bed, leaning over his stomach and looking down at him. "So what now? What do we do?"

"What do you mean?" Jake tilted his head, moving an arm behind it to make it easier for him to look up at me.

"I mean... Are we dating? Are we keeping this a secret? Are we telling people? Not that I have anyone to tell. Well... Maybe my parents, but still.. And does this mean I have to sit with your friends at lunch? You know I'm not good with people."

Jake covered my mouth with a hand and shook his head. "First of all, calm down. Second, yes, I want you to be my girlfriend, but that doesn't mean everything else has to change. It just means I get to kiss you in the halls and take you out for lunch."

Nodding behind his hand, I smiled and kissed it softly. "Kay," I mumbled, the word muffled. Smiling, Jake removed his hand and leaned up to kiss me softly, his fingers weaving in my curled hair as mine rested by his chest, keeping me up on the bed.

~~~~~~

Okay. So this was posted on my phone just so I could make a quick little update, so I'm sorry if there are errors, I tried to correct them.

Second, I haven't really thought of a plot yet, so if you guys want to help feel free to throw out suggestions. Girls trying to break them up, bad boy coming to take her away, blah blah blah.

Help is appreciated!

- Jacie