After the Suicide attempt

Asfandyar hugged Zubiya.
Every single doubt, every single misconception, every single thing cleared out in an instant. Asfandyar asked Zubiya whether she agreed to live with him for the rest of her life or not, to which Zubiya replied, ' Listen Asfandyar, I never told you about my past because I was afraid to lose you, I found someone who genuinely cared for me an dloved me by all his heart after.. like an eternity, I was so so afraid to lose you. That is why I never confessed my feelings openly to you. Now that you know everything, let me tell you something. I've fallen for you since the very beginning. Remember that rainy night? When you showed care and affection for me? I was just so touched that atleast someone cares for ' me' too. But keeping in view my past, i suppressed my feelings and never thought like that again. Do you know what pain i had gone through when I rejected you and pretended to be alright but I was not. I had broken my heart as well.'
Zubiya stopped and a tear rolled down her cheeks. ' Zubiya, you do not need to provide any justification because I know, you're as pure as water and I can never ever doubt you. I think you need some rest. Please lie down to sleep, you have become so weak. I'll ask mom to bring something energetic for you.' Said Asfandyar, getting up from the patient bed. ' Oh and one thing more, you don't look good like this , i want to see you happy, running from one ward to the other.' And Zubiya smiled at him.
—-
Asfandyar went home where everyone was so worried about Zubiya. He assured them that she's alright and will be discharged in the evening. Asfandyar sat down next to his mother and said, ' Mama i need to talk to you.' Lubna Aunty replied, ' Yes Sure beta, what is it.'
He said, ' Mama is it possible that we can keep Zubiya at our home till she's completely fine and then we can have a small engagement function here. And after that we'll send her to Karachi for the wedding preparations. What say?'
Lubna Aunty was shocked and amazed at the same time that this boy who was talking about the cancellation of wedding in the morning is now talking about his engagement himself. She was genuinely happy at this so she replied, ' Beta i find it completely alright. Do as you wish'

The evening:
   Zubiya had been discharged from the hospital and Asfandyar completed all the hospital formalities on her behalf. Her brother was already staying in the guestroom at Usmans' house. Zubiya had tried to retaliate at first but Asfandyar made her quiet by saying that no one can take better care of you at the hostel so come with me at any cost. Zubiya could not say anything so she agreed. Asfandyar was so busy in taking care of every single thing of hers that she almost cried at how blessed she was to have a man like Asfandyar who cares for her, feels for her and trusts her like nobody else. Not even her blood relations.
Anyhow, Asfandyar held Zubiya's hand and guided her towards his car and both of them headed home. As soon as they reached home, Lubna Aunty came out to take her future daughter in law inside. Zubiya was having a little headache so she decided to go and take some rest. After almost two hours, Lubna Aunty walked in the room and asked if she needed anything to which she politely refused. At about 12 in the midnight, she felt an urge to drink some water so she went to the kitchen. The opened the cabinet to find a glass and soon found one. She turned back to put some water in it and saw Asfandyar gazing at her, mesmerized by her beauty and captivated by her beautiful silky hair which rested on her shoulder.
Zubiya was so surprised to see him so she dropped the glass on the floor and hurt her ankle. Asfandyar's facial expressions changed in an instant. Worry and care was dripping from his face. He instantly put a bandage on her ankle though it wasn't something serious yet still he cared for her so much that he could never see her in the slightest pain when he was around.
One Week Later:
The preparations for the engagement were completed. The engagement was to be held the next day. A few close people were invited, namely Dr. Shehroze, Dr. Asifa, Dr. Haroon and Zubiya's Khala. Rehan Bhai was already there. Asfandyar had selected a simple white dress paired with churidar pajama for Zubiya because she looked out of the world when she wore white whereas he himself decided to wear a black kurta.
Rehan bhai went to the market to buy a Ring for Asfandyar wheras Asfandyar had already bought a beautiful diamond engagement ring for Zubiya.
The Next Day:
All the guests had arrived and the preparations were complete. Asfandyar was already sitting on the sofa accompanying all the guests, with glee prominent on his beautiful face.
Gaiti and Lubna Aunty helped Zubiya and took her out of the room. Asfandyar looked at her and passed a smile, a smile which no one had ever seen before. Both of them were geniunely happy and stole glances at each other. Gaiti Bhabi helped Zubiya to sit next to Asfandyar on the Sofa. Asfandyar corrected his posture. Both of them looked enchanting with each other. Their faces had a glow, which was never evident before.
Rehan bhai was seated next to Zubiya amd Lubna Aunty was seated next to Asfandyar. Rehan Bhai took out the ring from his pocket and gave it to Zubiya.
Zubiya opened the box, took out the ring and slid it through Asfandyar's finger. Then Lubna Aunty gave the ring to Asfandyar. He held Zubiya's hand and whispered, ' Its like a dream come true. I'm so blessed to have you and I couldn't have imagined my life without you.' Zubiya replied, ' Me too Asfand.' Then without any futher delay. Asfandyar slid the ring through her delicate finger. She was officially his now and he couldn't be merrier.