' I trust you, with all my heart.'

It had almost been a month since Asfandyar and Zubiya had been married. Their trust, and their bond was growing deeper day by day. Asfandyar being the workaholic he was, had already resumed his hospital duties, because he was sure nobody would work properly if the ' big boss' wasn't around. Zubiya had taken a two-month leave and it was still a month to go till she resumed her job. Not as a random lady doctor, but the wife of the ' big boss.'

Saim, Gaiti, Lubna and Usman had gone to Islamabad for two weeks because they were missing their old home badly, where they could hear the echoes of Daniyal's laughter. Where they could hear Asfandyar and Daniyal playing in the garden where Daniyal would always let his chotu win. It was the only place where they could get closer to their son.

Asfandyar and Zubiya had to stay behind because Asfandyar had some work commitments and he was also planning to organize another medical camp in four weeks so there was a lot going on.

Asfandyar usually took an off on Sundays. After coming back from the hospital on Saturday evening, he told Zubiya to get ready in five minutes because they were going for a dinner outside. He went to the washroom to freshen up while Zubiya selected a dark green simple outfit for her with a chiffon dupatta. She changed her clothes, placed her dupatta on one side of her shoulder and let hair long, beautiful locks of hair open on the other side.

Asfandyar was drying his hair with a towel when suddenly he saw Zubiya in front of the mirror. He was mesmerized by her beauty. Every single day. Every single moment.
' Are you ready, shall we go?' Asked Asfandyar. ' Yes, sure.' And both walked towards the car after locking the house.

Both of them had a great time in a renowned restaurant there, which was basically Asfi's favourite so he would always take Zubiya there. Asfandyar told Zubiya about how his day had been and what happened at the hospital earlier.

The restaurant was a very busy place. Asfandyar and Zubiya never knew someone they had least expected and wanted to see would be eyeing them from a distance. It was none other than Rameez. He was searching for Zubiya for 7 years now since the incident. Now he couldn't digest seeing her all happy, with someone. A man, basically.

Asfandyar and Zubiya did not notice him in the restaurant and went to their home after having the meal. Rameez followed them from a distance and memorised the ways to the house. Asfandyar and Zubiya had a peaceful sleep, free of all the worries.

Asfandyar woke up at 6 in the morning with a jerk by a call from the hospital. There was an emergency and he had to go because the situation had gotten out of control. The patient was bleeding severely and the case could only be handled by Asfandyar. He went to the hospital without waking Zubiya up and left her a note on the side table regarding his whereabouts.

When Zubiya woke up at 10, she was surprised to not see Asfand beside her. She looked here and there and found the note he had left for her. Zubiya heaved a sigh. Zubiya got up, freshened herself up and went in the kitchen to prepare her breakfast when she suddenly heard the doorbell. She thought Asfandyar had returned so she happily ran to open the door. She opened the door in excitement only to find the man who had destroyed her life, none other than Rameez.

Her feet froze to the ground after seeing his evil face. She couldn't feel herself or understand what was happening. She was shocked to see him would be an understatement. ' So what did you think, running away was this easy? I've waited 7 years for this now, finally I have approached you.' said Rameez with an evil grin on his face.

Zubiya couldn't speak or shout for help. It seemed like she had lost her voice. ' And also, you pretended to be so pious in front of me, who's that man you were hanging out with last night?' Zubiya couldn't say anything. A silent tear rolled down her cheeks. She couldn't face the demons of her past once again. This man was haunting her once again now. He took two steps closer to Zubiya and entered in the hallway of the house. Zubiya let out a sigh and immediately stepped back.

' So you still get scared so easily.' Said Rameez with a loud, evil laugh.
' And by the way, you didn't tell me. Who was he with you last night? Seemed like someone very close.' said Rameez when suddenly a strong hand grabbed his arm and stood right in front of him. ' I'm her husband and actually very close.' said the man, who was none other than Asfandyar, her husband and her saviour. Who saved her from this evil monster, yet again. She ran and hid behind him.

Rameez was shocked to see Asfandyar in front of him again. Asfandyar knew the whole story but Rameez didn't. ' What do you think, you'll enter into my house and try to scare my wife and i'll not get to know, or i'll not come to save her? Well Mr. Rameez show your ugly teeth and your loud, unbearable laughters to someone else. My wife is not a subject of interest for you anymore. Now you can leave from here with the same ugly steps you entered with, or should i push you outside. Oh and Dare you come again. I'll break all your 32 teeth away. Get lost.' Shouted Asfandyar. Rameez had no choice but to exit the house forever and never to show his face again because he was well aware of the family background Asfandyar had. He could get into a big trouble.

After shutting Rameez out of the house, he could clearly hear Zubiya sobbing. He couldn't bear a single tear in her eyes. He went and sat behind her. Grabbed her hand and said, ' He's gone now. He won't come back. Relax.' Zubiya said in-between her cries, ' Asfand I didn't call him here, I don't know how he came here out of nowhere. I never had an idea..'

' Shush.. did i ask for an explanation? My dear wifey, if you've forgotten, i have told you many times that I trust you, no matter what. I trust you with all my heart. Don't ever expect me to doubt you. I'll always have your back.' interrupted Asfandyar.

Everytime Asfandyar would say something like this, Zubiya would thank Allah a gazillion times for blessing her with a man like Asfandyar who'd never let her down. He wiped her tears with the temple of his thumb and passed a breathtaking smile to her.

A new chapter after long. Do let me know your thoughts. 💞