Chapter 5: Warm Welcome

Ch5

"Can you believe that Prince Hans?" Mother Gothel mumbled to Loki as they inched along the lunch line.

"He's got some right to act how he is, I think. I heard he was abused by his brothers," Loki defended, scooping a spoonful of mashed something-or-other onto his plate.

"You just say that because of that inferiority complex," Ursula commented on his other side, a smirk growing on her lips at the wise-crack.

"I really shouldn't have told you guys about that."

"Oh, Ursula, so your mouth isn't frozen into a permanent scowl?" Said Hades, making his way to her. "I just came over to invite you to another poker game around two-ish. It'd be nice to get you out of that cell."

"Actually, I have plans already. Our group sessions that Mary put us in are at two," Ursula replied.

"Oh," remarked Hades. "Is that why you've been hanging with this crew?" He gestured to the cluster of oddities surrounding Ursula.

"You should come sometime. I'm sure I could get you in... But there's just this one new kid who seems to be getting on everyone's nerves. You've probably at least heard him whining in the halls. Prince Hans," She said.

"Ginger of the Southern Isles?"

Ursula had to stifle her laugh. "Yeah, that one. All he does is talk about how some Queen Elsa was supposed to be the villain, not him, and 'if that damn princess hadn't gotten in the way,' he'd be ruling Arendel right now."

"It doesn't sound that different from the rest of our problems."

"I guess, but we don't talk about it all the time." By now, Ursula was starting her slow crawl to her new lunch table. Usually, everyone sat with their general genres, but lately, the group had been finding themselves all at one table, discussing this and that, that and this, and something a little more scandalous on occasion. At least, when the guards were a few tables away...

"He's fresh meat. He'll eventually settle with the idea and move on. For now, the only thing anyone can do is wait it out," Hades explained as he started his stroll over to his own table.

Ursula finally reached her destination and lugged herself over the bench, heaving a sigh as she uncomfortably sat on the cold plastic.

"Dear, you look so miserable," Mother Gothel commented.

"Well, that's how I feel," The merwoman sighed back. "This watersuit is no match for the real thing."

"Here's something that might cheer you up," began Scar, who's comments, as always, were lying dormant, waiting to explode. "We were just discussing who some new members for our little team of rebels might be. Your buddy's name was dropped, and rightly so."

"Who? Hades?" Ursula knew that he'd like to get out of here. Although, he didn't actually express it that often. They all turned to see a blue flamed head, sticking out above all the others, quietly munching on some kind of sandwich amidst the Witch Doctor and Maleficent. Do tall people always stick together that way?

"I think Hadesssssss would make an excccccelent addition to the team," Kaa thought aloud.

"Yes," agreed Scar. "I think that whole table would do well for us. But what about that new brat?" They all turned again to where Scar was looking. Several tables away was the young prince, chatting away with some other late-teen-to-early-adulthood "villains" at a table full of people who got their wealth from their parents. "He could be a nice addition if we play it safe, but right now, he's only a danger, being in that room with us all the time."