Unprecedented Worry Part #2

So, I'm semi back from the dead... I'm sorry. I deserve some scolding- but! Here you go. 2/3 of this was actually written months and months ago and I just kinda pulled the rest out of my ass. I can't write an ending to anything for shits, I swear. Excuse the language. Have some water while you're at it. Be merciful on my soul. My writing's really, really rusty, and my will to do anything is close to none. You've been warned. I really tried, though. Have some good, healthy food. Some fresh air from within the confines of your homes. Hope that works out with only an open window. Stay inside. Stay safe. We'll get through this. 💜💜💜
___________________________________

The next time Taehyung woke up, it was to his manager coaxing him awake to eat some porridge and take his medicine.

Thirty minutes after and he was barfing everything out.

"Sorry," was what he kept saying as his manager cleaned after the disgusting mess he had created of himself and his bed.

He had refused to use anyone's bed (much to Sejin's insistence) to take a rest after that whole ordeal, afraid that he'd vomit on them too.

"Your fever's up again..." he heard Sejin murmur to himself, having closed his eyes to sooth the nausea that had plagued his senses on their way to the sofa in the living room. "...that can't be too good. You have to take your medicine again, Taehyung-ah."

Taehyung shook his head vehemently at that (though barely).

"You vomited it all earlier... you need to take it, Tae," the manager said softly, earnestly.

"I'm just going to vomit it all again, hyung..."

"You'd never know until you try. Please?"

Taehyung took five minutes to be convinced before he relented.

His body didn't throw it back out this time.

'Shh, he's sleeping.'

'We came home as fast as we could. How is he, Sejin hyung? What happened? Why's he out here?'

'Bad afternoon. He got sick. I aired out the room though so it should be fine.'

'Why's he out here though?'

'Yeah, he could have taken my bed.'

'Mine too.'

'He didn't want to.'

'Has he eaten dinner?'

'No. I figured I'd give him more rest before waking him up to eat. His fever went up earlier, but it's slowly going down.'

'Will he be okay?'

'He will be. Don't worry too much.'

The conversations around him suddenly stopped and Taehyung, in his half-sleeping state, wondered why.

Until he realised that he was the cause of it.

He was coughing.

And he didn't sound right.

He sounded like he was hacking his lungs out- it felt like it too- and for a second, that was all he could process. He couldn't hear what was happening around him, too focused on the stinging pain in his throat. Then, faintly, he felt his body doubling over, vomiting something thick and metallic.