I Don't Hear From My Friends Anymore

"You should wear your hair pulled back more often." Mike plants a delicate kiss on Juliette's cheek. I have to suppress my 'awwws' because what can I say, couples are always so cute.

A subtle piano is playing a chilling tune in the background. The atmosphere thick and sweet like syrup. I smile at them from across the table, giving the hand that is cradled in mine a gentle squeeze. "You guys breaking up should be against the law, there's just too much love." I look at my brother in the eyes. He quickly breaks eye contact causing me to raise my eyebrow. Mike only does that when he's nervous.

"The heck you on about Vicky? Cupid basically shot you and Jaime with the same arrow." Mike's girlfriend moves her hand to her fork and feeds Mike some of her salad. Mike takes his tattooed hand in hers, a hand only adorned by a promise ring. Guilt washes his expression.

"Bro? Mike you good?" The voice I know and love speaks up after we exchange knowing glances.

"Yeah.. Hime, I'm just.. disgusted about the steak you're eating." Mike's guilt fades into a childish smile as he looks down at his own food. Mike always finds a way to bring up that he's vegan. We all know it's just a joke. It's one of those inside jokes that never really make sense to anyone else.

"Oh shush Mikey, we all know there's still one type of meat you eat." Juliette gives her boyfriend her signature evil smirk as Jaime Gags in the background. I learned to just ignore her gross innuendos.

A voice decorated with an Australian accent breaks our lull. "How's everything tasting?" A very beautiful waitress, her name tag reading Jenna asks. Then out of the corner of my eyes I seen an exchange. One simple wink to Mike. A lustful wink, enticing and bold.

"It's tasting great Jenna." Mike winks back causing me and Jaime to gasp. How the hell isn't Juliette seeing this?

"Glad you like it Mikey." Jenna winks her blue eyes at Mike once again. I sense something is wrong, something that is sinister and rebellious, but no glory to rebellious. The type of rebellious that is toxic. Maybe I should ask Mike about him flirting with the waitress. How they bonded like old friends. My thoughts are interrupted by a kiss planted on my temples.

"This is all your fault." My boyfriend whispers his breath sending shivers down my neck. Before I can respond in confusion, a sick sight focuses into view like a camera.

"YOU CHEATING LITTLE!" Juliette's wails are cut off by Jaime. He's leaning over the table, his nice suit being ruined by him practically laying on his steak. His strong arms pull Juilette back.

Taken aback by Juliettes outburst I recall the scene. The most toxic rebellion know to man kind, the rebellion of a happy relationship. A simple peck on the cheek. A kiss that should be renamed the 'your girlfriend of two years won't notice me kiss your cheek as I push a cart of dishes by' kiss. A kiss exchanged between Mike Fuentes and the girl herself the-blonde-beauty-Australian-fuck known as Jenna.

A scream snaps me out of my daze. The ceiling looks weird, the chandelier looks weird and, oh yeah, the knife in my brother's girlfriends hand looks threatening.

Time freezes in place as jaime's grasp breaks like a snapped rubber band. Juliette's knife introduces itself to Mike's neck after she leaps like a spring out of her chair. Thump Thump Thump. Rich crimson spills. Before I have time to apprehend what has just been done she dittos her action on Jenna. The blood practically dyeing her blonde hair.

Then I scream. Juliette is moving towards Jaime. And with great strength Jaime pulls the knife away from her.

"Vic! Why'd you have to kill Juliette!?" Jaime yells at me before ending his own life with the knife he snatched from Juliette. He groans as it slides into his stomach, and then all life leaves his eyes. I stay there in shock, my tears making floods down my face. Why did he do that? Nothing makes sense.