Chapter 77

Normani's pov:

I wake up to my back screaming in discomfort bringing me straight back to reality as I find myself still tucked away in the tub with Y/n humming lightly on my lap. I yawn and shift only to pause at a husky laugh.

Looking up at see Lauren sitting on the outside of the white tub. Her green eyes, pools of calm while her lips are pulled into a small smug smile. "How long have you been there?" My eyebrows prick in slight confusion as she releases a breath, "I could ask you the same thing, Mani." I release a small chuckle and absentmindedly start to twirl some of Y/n's hair around my forefinger.

I look around to find an answer of what time I came in or how long I've been in here with the young brunette. Turning back to Lauren I release a sigh as I shrug my shoulders. "Frankly I'm not even sure what day it is Laur." I release a small chuckle that she mirrors as she looks down at Y/n.

"She's been awake the whole time." I shift a bit, bringing Y/n more onto my lap where I notice her humming is still playing sweetly from her. "Really? I thought she fell asleep?" She shrugs her shoulders and plays with Y/n's hair as well, twirling it in between her fingers. "Well I have no idea how long you've been in here," she releases another wary chuckle, "all I know is when I came in she was awake." I bite my lip is confusion. "Why wouldn't you take her to go eat then?" She immediately shakes her head, a small laugh escapes her mouth a bit louder this time. "Mani I tried, she refused to move while you were asleep." I feel my eyebrows swing high in shock. I lean down to try and get a better view of Y/n, "is that true honey?" Her gaze doesn't shift to see me but her eyes melt as I speak, the colors glowing warmly. I look down to her mouth and see her suckle a binki calmly as she nods her head. I bend impossibly more to plant a soft kiss on her forehead.

"Let's get food." Lauren nods as she begins to get up and help me lift the smaller brunette, she still clutching the lined paper with the story.

She lumps a bit ahead of me as I presume at least one of her legs is asleep from being in that position for however long we were there.

We turn to the kitchen and walk-in where I am met with a crushing hug. I reciprocate while taking in the scent of Dinah wondering the reason behind this action. She moves my hair a bit from my ear with her hand, "you made me so worried." A small smile forms on my lips as I tug on her form a bit tighter. "I am here. We're all here." I feel her nod on my shoulder, still not pulling away from the embrace.

I look over her shoulder and see the other three situated at the table. Y/n sitting small in between the two.

"Is Y/n okay?" I release a breath and bring back my full attention on the poly girl. "She will be. We'll show her she is." I watch the younger girl suckle on the binki as she plays with her napkin. I wait and watch as she turns it over and over until she finally stops on the drawing. It's in crayon. A blue girl laying peacefully on a hammock, her eyes a deep color of emotion as she looks up to the viewer. A peaceful small falling calmly on her features.

I smile when her cheek twitches a bit with a small smile that is quickly tucked away. Her soft eyes scanning every detail slowly and meticulously.

Another sign leaves Dinah as she pulls away from the hug, a sheepish smile playing on her lips. Though I don't know the panic she was in this morning I feel bad for ever being the reason she worries and stresses. I pull her in for one more hug then release her and looking at Ally.

"Want me to serve breakfast." She makes an 'O' with her mouth, probably completely forgetting about it as she sits ever so closer to Y/n. "Yes, that would be great. Thank you Normani." I nod and turn with Dinah as we both collect plates and cups and begin to serve.

Ally's pov:

I take the binki from Y/n's lips and calm her small whimpers with Lauren's help. Dinah grabs a bib and I lift the small brunette's hair as Lauren puts it on her. I scoop a small bit of food on the fork and bring it close to her mouth, seeing her lips quiver as she slowly opens her mouth and begins to chew.

I place the fork down and start to eat just as slow in hopes of not making her feel any less of herself by comparison. Lauren watches and soon follows suit as do Dinah and Normani. I fork another piece and bring it to her lips. She accepts it a tad quicker, but still chews the same speed. "Doing great honey." I small hum escapes as she chews ever so slowly.

"Today we are going to take it slow," I continue to alternate scooping with Lauren as Normani speaks. "We are all in need of a shower, then maybe go for a walk and end the day with a movie," I fork another piece to her mouth which she quietly takes as Normani finishes.

"Sound good cutie?" I laugh at the red rising in the young brunette's cheeks at Dinah calling her cutie. She replies with a slight nod as she continues to slowly chew.

I pause my eating as I feel full and look shocked at how I've only eaten a portion of my food. The other girls seem to be slowing down their food intake as well, all with a good portion of their food left. "Is everyone full?" Nods all around the table. I look confusedly at Y/n for an explanation as to why were full with only half our portions. She simply shrugs.

I pout a bit but none the less begin to pick up the dishes, pushing Dinah off the cushioned bench as I make my way to the sink.

"Okay, so who's showering first?"