Chapter 92

Please Notice by Christian Leave

If We Have Each Other by Alec Benjamin

FMFMH by Ivan B

Y/n's Pov:

"Okay, Y/n," Simon leans heavily on the button on the other side of the recording studio, his eyes on a little yellow pad of paper, "I know it's the first day of rehearsals and you have a choreo-lesson to get to so we will only be doing a few songs today." He flips the yellow paper, it crinkles slightly at the corners. He jots something down quickly before turning back to the previous page.

I stand still, barely letting myself breathe as I watch him wrinkle the page again. Jot something down again. Return to the previous page again. I cannot help but itch slightly at my wrists, using the time Simon is paying attention to try and scratch through the fresh wraps the girls neatly hid under Dinah's bright pink sweatshirt. There were only scabs left and little to none on that front as well. Lauren hasn't let me out of her sight in now a week and a half since my time in the woods. She has been making sure I eat. She always wants to snuggle when it's my bedtime. And she always helps me get in and out of my headspace.

He wrinkles the page. Jots something down. Returns to the previous page.

I clear my throat to try and relax the stiffness I feel.

"Okay," he looks up with a cheery cherry smile from the little yellow notepad and leans back in his chair, "Shall we begin with a short song? How about Please Notice, that is a popular one." I think I nod. His smile grows. He leans forward, moving a few switches and buttons in front of him before hitting the big record button. It's the big gray one closest to him.

"Whenever you're ready."

I shut my eyes. My hands grip the ends of the sleeves. Deep breath in. Hold. Release.

And baby when you sleep, do you dream of me?
And when you're awake, do you think of me?
I need to know, how do you feel?

Cause baby when I sleep, I dream of you
And when I'm awake, that's all I do
Think about every detail you have

I feel my arms stiffen and begin to rise and swing slightly in front of me.

Do you notice when I get mad, I clench my jaw?
Do you notice when I get sad, I tend to fall?
Look at my words I say to you

Cause I notice when you get mad
You close your eyes
And I notice when you are sad
You let out sighs

I need to know are those sighs ever over me?

Do you know how in love with you
I am
Do you see how in love with you
I am

My throat tightens and my arms stay in front of my face moving with my words.

Everything that you do, it makes my heart stop
Oh, it stops

And baby when you sleep, do you dream of me?

"Excellent Y/n, are you up for another?" I open my eyes and force a small smile on my face nodding in his direction. His smile is bright. Happy. His head moves back down to the little yellow pad of paper. He crinkles it. Jots something down. Goes back to the previous page.

"What about If We Have Each Other?" He looks up. His smile is still big and bright. I nod licking my lips and mentally preparing for the cover.

My palms feel sweaty. My neck aches. I clear my throat to try and relax. I pull on the sleeves of the sweatshirt. He clicks a few switches. Moves a few dials. Hits the gray record button.