36

Nami walked out of her bedroom in a simple black dress towards Avery in the living room who was in a similar dress. Nami did a little twirl and smiled at Avery.

"Does this dress say congratulations you're a dad and you care about your kid like my dad never did?" Nami asked and Avery frowned up at her.

"Umh, no, but it does say that you look nice," Avery offered with a concerned frown.

"Shame," Nami muttered and Avery stood up.

"Do you not want to do this?" Avery asked. "Because it's two and a half hours of dad's and their kids running around and having fun. I put you down as a volunteer worker because you like kids and it's like some extra money in your pocket. Did you not want me to?"

"No, I did," Nami shook her head before waving her arms around. "I'm just bitter because my dad never took me to these things. When I was Annabelle's age and they did things like this at my schools, my parents were in their residency program and they never went. I'm sorry, I'll change my mood, I'm over it, we can go now." Nami nodded with a smile but Avery wasn't sure she believed her.

"Okay," she sighed.

"I'm serious, I'm good now, let's go." Nami reassured and Avery grabbed the car keys.

"It's only for two and a half hours, after that, we can go out dancing and you can take off your little black dress to a random guy."

"I like the sound of that," Nami smiled a genuine smile and Avery laughed as they left the apartment.

[•]

"You look lovely," Amy complimented Avery with a smile.

"Same to you," Avery smiled before handing Amy a clipboard.

"Guests start arriving in half an hour, let's go over our checklist."

Amy nodded before standing next to Avery and comparing their notes.

"It's kinda fun playing the boss isn't it?" She asked and Avery nodded with a smile.

"It honestly is, we should just take over for Ian and Eli," she laughed before the two of them the started checking things off their lists.

This started out as a simple celebration for dad's and their daughters because of what Annabelle had said to Avery. A fleeting moment of a daughter appreciating her dad and Avery was going to plan a simple dance with kid friendly snacks and a fun playlist. However, the second Amy was brought into the equation, everything changed.

What started out as a simple dance turned into a whole club wide event where fathers and all of their children could attend, not just daughters. Amy wanted it to be more inclusive towards families. So, now it's an entire father and me extravaganza.

A part of the golf course has been blocked off and turned into a temporary putt putt game. A perfect bonding center for father's and their sons.  Daughters too, should they wish. However, the ballroom that Avery had set aside was turned into a teen and tween center filled with selfie stations, karaoke, and the likes.

A second ballroom was set aside just for father's with younger children. A small ball pit and one side of the room was waxed and set as a sock sliding station. Socks were even provided by Amy.

"Everything is set," Avery smiled as she checked the last box on her list and Amy did the same.

"Every Mom is probably really jealous that all they got was a brunch on Mother's Day."Amy nodded.