Friendships Are Made To Last Forever

PROLOGUE

I gazed into her dying eyes, fresh blood on my hands. Slowly Turning her head, she laid eyes on me. They pierced through my body and always saw right through me. Those eyes; those vibrant green eyes. She's never changed, ever since we were five. I never thought it would have come to this: staring at her perfect face in a pool of blood. What the hell did I ever do wrong?

A memory flashed through my mind. It was a hot summer day. We were in our childhood. The day that we met. I remember it like it happened just yesterday. I'll never forget it. My mother took me to the park. She always did, but I never used the climbers. The woodchips on the ground gave me splinters when I touched them. So, I sat on the benches, listening in to all the mothers' conversations. Then, that day, she said "Honey, why don't you go play with the other kids?' I moped and hung my head, staring at my little shoes. "C'mon! Go introduce yourself! It'll be fun!" So I got up and walked over to the playground.

I stepped into the sandbox with my little pail and shovel, and saw a little girl there. She was about my age: five. This girl was crying- no, sobbing. I sat down beside her and stared. I don't think she noticed, so I poked her. When she didn't look at me, I stared even more. Finally, she looked up at me, and stared back. "Are you OK?" I asked her. Sniffling, she said "No." "What happened?" I asked her. "The big kids. Th-they w-were pushing me around a-and my knee got a boo-boo on it." she told me as she gently tapped her knee. "My mommy always kisses my boo-boos and then it feels better." I told her. She stared at me with big, green, watery eyes; all puffed up and red from the crying. I bent over and kissed her knee. "Mmmooouuuaaa!!!! All better!!" I said, throwing my hands in the air. She stared at her knee, looking amazed, then looked at me and said "What's your name, Mister Magic Guy?" she asked me. "My name's Vladimir. What's your name?" "I'm Griffon." she said I grinned at her and said "I'll call you Griff." She grinned at me and said "I'll call you Vlad." "Let's go play, Griff!" "OK, Vlad!"

And that was our first conversation. And now, I'm watching her die. It can't end like this. Not after thirteen years together. I needed to use my last resort. I kissed her forehead, then sunk me teeth into her neck. I made her one of us.