Which side are you on (pt.3)

"Stop were you are and turn to me slowly. I will shoot if I have to."

I instantly freeze at the voice behind me. The click... she was holding a gun to me. How terrible was my luck?

"I know you're scared but I-"

"Shush!" The android calls out loudly from behind me. Small shuffling sounds were heard from her, probably out of fear or anxiety. In truth, I didn't blame her one bit.

My eyes close for a moment as I run over the options I am presented with. I could agree and turn around to the girl, but what would she do then? Or I could run up the stairs and hope she doesn't catch me. However if she doesn't, the chances of her being caught would be high...

How to save myself and her at the same time?

I smirk slightly, eyes snapping open as a plan forms. Beside me a small floating bubble tells me exactly how likely this is at working.

Chance of success: 60%

More than half... Good enough for me.

Slowly my hands are raised above my head. They were shaking slightly, the running I had just done and the tension in the air making my adrenaline pump. Eventually, however, I manage to raise my two shaky hands in the air. My feet then slowly shuffle as I turn myself around. I only stop when I am facing the android in front of me.

She was gorgeous, actually. Her model's hair had been long and brown, yet it seemed this android had made the smart decision and cut most of it off. It also shone a nice Snow White color. It suited her perfectly. The clothes she wore were worn and too large for her. After a little thought, I came to the conclusion they were probably stolen.

Beside her was a small girl. It was another android model, seen flashing across the TV as one of the first children models available. She would fake hunger, cold, fever, and even sickness. The small child was rather cute in her winter coat and small shoes. If I hadn't been won over by there story I definitely was now.

"Who are you! Why are you here!" My attention was drawn back to the female android. Her feet were shifting back and forth anxiously - as I expected - with her gun pointed at my head. In her movements I could see the need to protect. Her body was even slightly in front of the child's.

I had already fallen in love with these two. However I made sure to keep my smiles off of my face, afraid it would startle the two. What sort of hostage smiles when a gun was pointed at them?

"My name is (Y/N), and I am here to help you." I manage to say, whispering almost as I speak. Slowly I took a step forwards. When the android tenses, however, I freeze once more. "If you want to get out alive you have to-"

Suddenly I was silent, my eyes moving to the still open door. In the frame was none other than Conner. Why did he always seem to mess up these sorts of things? "Put the gun down, AX400."

I hiss slightly at Conner's words, eyes flashing to the android quickly. Something had to be done. There was no way I was letting them win again! Deviants needed their freedom. They deserved it more than anyone else on this planet did.

The AX400 curses under her breath, pointing the gun at Conner for a moment before turning it back to me. Fear laced her eyes as she looked between us. I could see the cry for help behind the blue orbs she walked around with. The child wasn't much different.

It broke my heart.

"I-I can't! I can't just let you take us. I know what you do to deviant criminals." The AX400 spoke once more, her gun turning from me to Conner once more. When Conner took a step I sent him a glare. Everything in me was pushing me to fix this. I needed to save everyone in this room from danger... the only question was how I was going to do that.