Simon Makes a Decision

SimonSimon wasn't sure why he did it.

Nope. That was a lie. Simon knew exactly why he did it.

He was just so sick of it all. His foster father (who might have been his real father, but that was just a confusing mess he really didn't want to think about) had up and left him, and Simon was struggling to get up on his own two feet. The bills were piling up and he was so tired of eating ramen (seriously he would probably sell his pinky for a sour cherry scone). He was completely at a loss for what he should do next.

So he did what he always did when he wasn't sure about something. He went to see Penny.

When he got to Penny's apartment, Penny opened the door quickly, her purple hair trying to escape the confines of the bun she currently had on top of her head. Simon wasted no time getting to his problems.

"Penny, what am I going to do? I can't live like this anymore, I just want to be able to know that tomorrow there will still be a roof over my head and my stomach will be full."

"Well what would you like to do Simon? Surely you've had some thoughts about how you'd make a living now that you've grown up?"

Actually, he hadn't. He kinda just always had envisioned that he'd go on some grand adventure at some time in his life and be able to live happily ever after at the end of it.

The panic must have been evident on his face. "There is no get rich quick scheme, Simon. You're gonna have to find a real job, people aren't just going to pay you to hang out with them."

"I really wish they would, Penn. I mean, I don't have all that much going for me, except my charm and my freckles."

Simon had meant it in a self-deprecating way but he swore it was almost like he could see the lightbulb go off above Penny's head. It made him nervous.

"I'm not selling my freckles or my body, Penn."

"Of course not Simon, be serious. But there is something else you could do, you could be a companion."

"Like Inara from Firefly?So...sell my body?" Simon really wasn't keen on this idea. He understood that some were empowered by the idea, but it really wasn't for him.

Penny rolled her eyes, she really wasn't a very patient person. "Not at all. You're just there when someone needs a date or a friend. You attend events, go on getaways. It's perfect. Like you said, you really are kinda charming, you give off that whole Chosen One Golden Boy Hero vibe and honestly a lot of people would love you by their side. Plus you get to make all the rules. You get to choose, plus I'm pretty sure you can make a ton of money fairly quickly."

And that had been that. Penny made it seem like a dream. She got to work right away making him a website (snow-onebutyou.com), helped him draft a binding contract and he was set.

It's been a couple months, and Simon had to admit, he was happy. He'd been a companion on plenty of amazing dates, reunions, weddings, even a random rodeo; and he was loving it. He made a ton of money, shared some amazing memories, and at the end of the day he had a roof over his head, and fresh baked scones in his belly. Penny was right, this was perfect for him. He was a complete professional, at the end of the contracted term he bid the girl or guy goodbye and chose when he would do it all again.

He was just sifting through his emails, choosing his next job, when one caught his eye.

To: simon@snow-onebutyou.comFrom: tyrannus@grimm.com

Mr. Snow,

I am interested in obtaining your services. I'm not sure what your standard contract is, but I would be in need of your services for an entire weekend at my manor house. I would be interested in meeting you in person to discuss some sort of formal arrangement. Please respond if you believe we could work something out that would be beneficial to the both of us.

I look forward to meeting with you.

-Tyrannus Basilton Grimm-Pitch

Simon definitely snorted at that name. But he couldn't deny, he was interested. He responded immediately.