Prologue

Guys, don't expect much on my English. It's not my first language and it clearly is not my expertise. I just write and write, I don't proof read. If you must encounter some errors then I apologize for it.

I know that this book is a bit cringe-worthy because of the grammar and typos but I am trying to improve. This is my first book in Wattpad after all.

*

PROLOGUE

"Stop."

But I didn't dare to. From the moment I hear him plead for me to stop, I continued further unto my plan. Besides, my position is rather comfortable and beneficial for my part. I won't trade anything as pleasant because of a word.

"Elle, NOT TODAY..."

His words made me stop, staring at him for a moment. I can feel my lips quirking up into a smile.

"Elle. Not now..."

I stared back at him, disliking the way his eyebrows were furrowed. Now I have to deal with the snappy old Gabe again. I get off his desk and strut around his chair, earning another groan from him.

"Elle--"

"Okay, Okay. I'm going out now." I stated in a nonchalant tone, shrugging my shoulders. But before I completely went out, I gave him something to remember.

I lean down on his seat, a smile plastered on my face. I grabbed his cheek using both of my hands and kiss him. I pulled his lower lip with my teeth, hearing him groan, "El-"

"Elleana Cassidy!" Oops, almost full name. Oh, well. I still won't stop, Mr. West.

I grin. No one really knows Gabriel West as well as I do.

It was all a misunderstanding. People thought he was heartless and a git, I thought so too when I married him. It's not like we marry because we fell in love. It was all just a partnership - a partnership that has created a very powerful company, Greene-West Holdings Inc.

This dog's dinner has all started a year ago.

When my father called me from Paris to get my ass back here in New York right at that very moment, I know something's up. I am worried sick because he won't tell me the reason. I thought it was my mom or something that concerns my past but as I step down from the cab, I know, that the reason why I'm here has nothing to do with my family. Or even me.

It was for the freaking company.

The memory was so vivid that I have to smile every time I reminisce that day. The day that I and my husband met back at his father's office. We both have gone mad when they announce the agreement but we did nothing to stop it.

We are born to comply.

The craziest thing is that we even have to marry before the end of the month. Not to mention the fact that we had only two weeks to prepare, not enough time to plan for a very grand celebration.

The wedding was simple and closed to the paparazzi. It happened inside a chapel in Italy with only our relatives and close friends witnessing it but the privacy is not maintained. Soon, a couple of paparazzi came to our reception, spoiling our supposed to be the first dance.

Of course, a billion worth of marriage is breaking news! Two rival families joined as one is a century worth history.

It was that kind of cliché - the not so normal billionaire cliché.

But the fact that Gabriel had actually moved to his penthouse after the reception had finished was insane - for me at least. Not to mention the week-long honeymoon vacation spent by only me in Miami. Only me, swimming on the beach while he types away on that piece of metal they call 'laptop' somewhere inside his 'cave'.