Returning

"You're cheating! I know it!" Squealed the tiny blonde sitting at the end of my bed. I beat her yet again at the card game Speed.
"There's no way to cheat unless you mess up the deal somehow, and you dealt this round." I stated. I met another crazy person. She was too bubbly and unwaveringly happy in this dire situation to be sane.
I had accepted that my head had stopped working properly at some point. Werewolves, elderly women with superhuman strength, and cold ladies all suggested it. Two days passed as I remained confined to bed. They wouldn't let me leave, and they were all freakishly strong. I couldn't even get out of my room; it was locked, and I couldn't find anything to pick it.
     I was still being held against my will. They wouldn't listen when I told them I was better now. The old woman spent most of the days explaining how werewolves exist and I was healed because my mate/executioner marked me. By marked, I mean tried to tear my arm off. My hallucination supposedly saved my life. Also, cuddles; cuddles saved my life. The soulless killer stayed near to ensure I survived apparently.
Knowing that this was all a test to see if I had gained my senses back, I continued to argue against that nonsense, but they still wouldn't send me home.
This morning, the blonde preteen jumped on my bed saying how exciting this all was, and insisted she stay and get to know me. I didn't ask what imaginary scenario the crazy kid found exciting. I just let her deal out various card games and ask me questions.
"I'm supposed to be faster than you. You're human." She grumbled.
There it is. The crazy. I bet she thinks she's a pixie or something.
"Maybe physically, you are, but you also have to think fast."
     "Yea yea." Her head perked up, and a smile came to her eyes. "Monroe is heading this way."
Monroe is the name of my executioner, but I had a hard time caring. I'll stick with executioner; I don't want to forget who he truly is.
     "I know."
      She looked at me incredulously.
     "You can smell him?"
     "No... does he smell that bad?"
     The door swung open and in rolled his smooth voice. "I try not to."
     Instantly, I sat ramrod straight, and my eyes wouldn't leave his approaching form. Any day now he was going to lunge at me and take my head off. The big black wolf paced in my mind, growling. As I tracked his every movement, I envisioned his fist flying to my face or his bones shaping into a monster. That's what I saw when I met his blue gaze: a monster wolf.
I inched my body closer to the edge of the bed; I prepared to leap to the door which he left open this time. He halted at the foot and looked expectantly at the adolescent.
     She finally glanced up at him after stacking the cards.
     "Oh! I'm leaving! I'll go!" She scrambled to her feet and giggles followed her down the hallway as she skipped away.
The door is still open.
     My heart had already started racing, but as soon as we were alone, it tried to escape my chest altogether. I couldn't stand this.
Why doesn't he just end it?
     "How are you feeling, Kenna?" He asked softly and slowly as if trying not to startle me. I responded with silence. I wasn't going to get distracted by conversation. He sighed and ran his hand through his hair. Slowly, he stepped to sit down on the opposite side of the bed.
The one furthest from the door.
     "I've told you; you have no reason to fear me anymore." Again with the soft voice.
Anymore.
"Are you still sore?" His arm stretched out towards me, but he caught himself midway and dropped it, shaking his head. I still didn't respond.
"I'm so...sorry." Emotions we're battling across his face. Frustration, fear, regret, and... something kind all flitted around in his eyes. It seemed as if he didn't show emotion very often or to many people.
I don't care.
He looked down at his hands as he continued to struggle.
Now
With strength back in my legs, I leapt from the bed and took off out the door. Images of me running out of here and to a police station popped into my mind. My worried friends and family hugging me...
Before I realized what was happening, my chest was up against the wall with my arms held above my head.