AWAKENING

HIGH     QUEEN ELEANOR

THE              RED               KNIGHT

THE    RED    KNIGHT

    Eleanor and Susan were reading a magazine when a boy walked up to them, he smirked at Eleanor who smiled awkwardly. The girls simply didn't want to be involved with any boys, especially ones with glasses that were too big for their heads.

    "You two go to St. Finbars," he stated. The girls rolled their eyes discreetly.

    "That's right." Susan said, the pair trying their very best not to laugh. Eleanor had to give the boy some praise, the girls were definitely intimidating. After everything that happened with Narnia the girls were no longer weak, and submissive, but more the exact opposite.

    "I go to Henden House across the road. I've seen you two... sometimes together, sometimes alone." He said, pushing his glasses further up his face. Captain Obvious is here, thought Eleanor.

    "Yeah, well, we sometimes like to be left alone." Eleanor said, dropping the magazine and turning to the boy to glare at him. Her voice indicated that the boy should probably leave but still she smiled sarcastically, was this boy incompetent?

    "Me too!"

    The girls rolled their eyes, could anybody be anymore ridiculous?

    "What are your names?"

    The girls gave each other a knowing look.

    "I'm Phyllis and she's Anne." Susan smirked, Eleanor had to look away as she let out a laugh she'd been holding in. Suddenly, blowing their cover and almost getting hit by a car, Lucy ran across the road to them.

    Lucy panted as she reached the girls. "Eleanor! Susan!"

    The brunette groaned and turned to her with an annoyed look, "You'd better come quick!" The boy watched in astonishment but the girls seemed to take no notice of him.

    The trio not-so-carefully crossed the road. "What is it, Lu?" Eleanor asked, dodging a car that's horn blared loudly.

    "It's Peter."

    Eleanor's face completely dropped and she ran faster than Susan and in line with Lucy, through the train station. Ever since the events of Narnia, it was easier to wind Peter up and the whole 'King' title had gotten to his head at the worst of time, he always seemed to be furious that nobody else knew.

    Inside, a couple of bullies were fighting Peter. Susan sighed, "Not again." He made eye contact with Eleanor, her arms were folded and annoyed yet well known expression was plastered upon her face. She was tired of Peter getting in to fights, the fights were just two or three boys trying to prove how masculine they were, ridiculous. It might of sounded hypocritical coming from her, being the Red Knight and all, but she fought for mankind and the greater good.

    "Agh!" Peter cried, punching another one of them, harder than he had before. It was clear he was trying to impress Eleanor but she was having none of it. Peter didn't know, but he would never need to impress Eleanor, the girl was practically in love with him already. Suddenly, from beside them, Edmund pushed past the girls, hitting their shoulders too.

"Edmund!" Lucy cried, the others wanting to groan as he got involved too.

    After another minute or two of fighting, the soldiers blew their whistles and the girls fled while the boys were broken up. The girls waited out of sight with annoyed expressions, tensions had aroused between the group before about Narnia, it seemed as though everybody was in dire need of another adventure.

    The soldier turned to Peter, since all the other boys had disappeared. "Act your age!"

( authors note )
book two already?! i wanted to take a minute to thank you all for your support on the reckoning, it was overwhelming that so many people not only read the book but liked it? liked eleanor? im still shook even though when im writing this there's isn't a huge amount of reads, i still love all the support and everyone reading it, im glad you enjoy/like it and i hope this second book does you guys justice. <<33

update:
hey it's officially 2020 now and i've decided i'm going to try (at least) and continue/finish this book while i go through and edit it!!

another update:
hello all!! i've now moved to midsomars !! so i unfortunately won't be continuing this book but i am back to change the face claim!!