O3. THE BLACK WOODS

THE AWAKENING:CHAPTER THREE

THE AWAKENING:
CHAPTER THREE

"I don't remember this way." Susan said, the others looked around, hoping to find some familiarity about the place.

Peter scoffed. "That's the problem with girls, you can't carry a map in your heads."

"That's because our heads have something in them." Lucy smirked, making Susan and Eleanor laughed like a schoolgirl, since she hadn't laughed in a long time and everything seemed to be going right she couldn't help but smile. They were finally in Narnia and Eleanor was close to telling Peter she was madly in love with him.

"I wish he'd just listen to the DLF." Susan sighed, walking ahead with Lucy as Eleanor walked with Edmund.

"DLF?" Edmund asked, turning to Eleanor, she was now walking with him rather than the girls.

Eleanor sighed as she looked between both Edmund and Trumpkin. "Dear Little Friend." She replied, looking at both Sdmund and sadly looking at Trumpkin.

Trumpkin frowned. "Oh that's not at all patronising, is it?" Eleanor smirked, as did Edmund. The three continued to walk behind the others, silence engulfing them. Edmund and Eleanor were more alike than they ever cared to believe, they were both delighted to be back in Narnia, but they both knew that if they were back— something was wrong.

The others watched as Peter stepped into a rock passage and stopped. He turned around, clenching his jaw. "I'm not lost." He said, trying desperately to convince himself.

"No... you're just going the wrong way." Trumpkin retorted, making Eleanor and Susan smirk as they held their laughter in.

"You said you last saw Caspian at the shuddering wood, and the quickest way there is to cross at the river rush." Eleanor and Edmund were confused as to how Peter knew so much about Narnia since. their last visit was fairly brief.

"But, unless I'm mistaken, there's no crossing in these parts." Trumpkin deadpanned.

"That explains it then," Peter said as he jumped off of a rock. He crossed his arms over his chest, being his usual, stubborn self. "You're mistaken."

The girls all looked to each other and rolled their eyes. Ever since their first Narnia adventure, Peter had grown more impatient and not to mention the whole status of 'King' had gotten to his head. The children continued walking until they came to a gorge, they all looked down at the rushing water below, they were on a cliff edge and Susan held Lucy back slightly.

"See, over time, water eroded the earth's soil, carving deep into-" Susan began. She was a smart girl and Eleanor admired it.

"Oh, shut up," Peter snapped.