O2. THE SAVING OF A DWARF

THE AWAKENING:CHAPTER TWO

THE AWAKENING:
CHAPTER TWO

The Kings and Queens watched as the soldiers held out a dwarf, ready to drown him as he was tied up and gagged. Susan shot one arrow into the boat, scaring the soldiers, they all looked at the children and teenagers.

"Drop him!" Susan ordered as the others drew their weapons.

She shot one of them in the shoulder, the other dropped the dwarf and jumped in the water in efforts to make an escape, Peter dived into the water after him, Susan held his sword and Lucy held Edmunds and Eleanor's as they went after the boat. Soon enough, Peter pulled the dwarf to shore, as did Eleanor and Edmund with the boat. Peter frowned as his brother and Eleanor seemed to be laughing, she lightly shoved Edmund, to which the pair laughed about again. They were talking about how ridiculous it was, being back in Narnia. Oh, and Edmund almost forgot how to swim.

Lucy rushed to the dwarfs side, she cut his bonds and he pulled the gag from off of his mouth.

"Drop him?" The dwarf growled in annoyance, Susan frowned.

"A simple thank you would suffice." Susan said, Eleanor joining her side.

"They were doing just fine drowning me without your help!" He argued, standing up and brushing himself off. He was angry.

"Maybe we should've let them." Peter said.

Eleanor smiled at him and Susan noticed.

"They're Telmarines. It's what they do." He sighed, watching as Edmund and Eleanor looked at each other.

"Telmarines? In Narnia?" Eleanor asked, furrowing her eyebrows and taking a step closer to the man.

"Where have you been for the last few hundred years?" He spat.

"It's a bit of a long story." Edmund said.

Peter took Eleanor's sword from Lucy, he paused before handing it to her as he saw the dwarf's mouth open with shock.

"Oh you've got to be kidding me." The children looked at him. "You're it? You're the Kings and Queens of old?"

"High King Peter," Peter held out his hand. "The Magnificent."

"You probably could've left out the last bit." Eleanor said, laughing with Lucy and Susan.

The dwarf chuckled. "Probably?"

"You might be surprised," Peter said, drawing his sword.