Chapter 6 : Invicta Sanguis

Tears began to slowly make it's way down the sides of my face.

Everything was a lie.

My father has been living a lie all his life.

He lied about his occupation.

He lied about my mother's death.

What next?

He would walk in and tell me I was a werewolf.

As if such creatures existed.

I mentally chuckled.

What else was he keeping from me?

Wiping my eyes. I walked away from the dining table and made my way towards the plush looking sofa.

A lot had happened in the past few hours. It was a lot to handle. It's not like I even was given a chance to clear my confusion.

***

"What's that?" I asked annoyingly holding up a breaker filled with electric pink coloured liquid.

"Don't touch that" commanded the short man, settling the breaker down onto the iron table.

30 minutes ago..

I felt all bored sitting in the cabin all alone. With poor internet connection. Not to mention I was sort of hungry. I came across the smell of freshly baked choc chip cookies when I had journeyed outside of the cabin. The scrumptious smell brought me to a small room inside the warehouse.

The room belonged to a man by the name of Dr Graham. He had been occupying my time and killed my boredom. He offered me pizza, coke and the most delicious choc chip cookies. He seemed really nice and I found it strange for a nice man like himself to be offering his skills to people who were abusing these poor creatures.

***

Something caught my eye. It glistened in the light of the well lit up room.

"Why do you have so many of these chemicals and liquids" I inquired, examining a tube which contained an unusually bronze coloured liquid.

It had a label on it which read invictus.

"Ah, I believe you've found the invicta sanguis serum. It's taken your father and I an awfully long time to perfect" the man smiled while eyeing the test tube.

"What are you talking about?" I questioned, all confused from this.

"You will soon find out" he simply
replied, taking the serum from my hand and pouring half of it onto a petri dish.

"Do you believe in werewolves too?" I asked and chuckled at my question. I took a seat next to the weird looking apparatus which was all neatly arranged in boxes.

The man was a genius

Off course he used science and logic to find answers to all of his questions.

Why would he believe in such myths?

"Yes, Harper" he said sternly, as if some one had entered the room.

"You're a man of science, why do you believe this mumbo jumbo?" I giggled at my response to him.

"Harper! I've heard enough of that from you. I will not let you degrade the beliefs of the Hunters. Whether you choose to believe it or not, werewolves do exist. They are creatures of such which roam the Earth!" dad said in a very annoyed tone, entering the room.

"Theo" Dr Graham said, shaking dad's hand.

Dad returned his gesture and embraced his friend in a hug.

"You just ran off, in the middle of a serious conversation. How would you expect me to react? I haven't seen any proof that these so called werewolves exist" I said to dad while waking up from my seat.

"Harper, we will talk about this just- not now" dad said with an apologetic smile on his face.

"When, dad?" I asked , holding back tears which were about to spill out from my eyes.

"When we're alone" dad whispered he came towards me and gave me a weak hug.

"I just want to go home, dad" I said feeling all sad like a five year old who lost her, pink glitter pen.
"You're safer here Harper" dad simply stated.

He exited the room. Leaving Dr G and I alone.

What did dad mean?

"Harper, I need to show you something. Dr G" said, motioning me to come towards his desk area.
I made my way towards the end of the large room, where Dr G's desk was.

"You enjoyed those choc chip cookies, didn't you? So here's the recipe I thought that you'd like to have it. It's my grandma's secret recipe" Dr Graham said with pride in his voice.
I smiled at him and looked down at the page which supposedly had the recipe.

My eyes widened, with shock and fear as I stared at the letters which were written in bold.

The letters read....

_______________________________________
Hi everyone.

I hope you guys enjoy this chapter I know it's kind of short.

Thank you for reading it makes me really happy.
It makes me happier when you guys comment, vote and share.

I'm sorry if there are grammar errors I will correct them. Feel free to point them out.

Stay glam fam!
-Kylissa xoxo❤