" chapter one "

There's three months until summer vacation. And as a senior, Ilya James Eiling gets his a little bit early. Yet, he still has to come back depending on how the track season goes.

It was five thirty in the afternoon, practice had just ended and Ilya's track mates—which consisted of males and females—well some of them, had gone up to the locker room to change. The senior personally hated not freshening up (taking a small shower or whatnot) when practice was over. He hated feeling sweaty, icky, but overall he didn't want his car to smell.

Ilya was sitting on the bench talking to a couple of his friends, he spoke only when he felt he needed to and laughed when it was appropriate. He didn't like communicating when practice was over for all his energy had been wiped away.

"Hey, can I ask y'all something?" It was one of Ilya's close friends, Benjamin, who spoke up.

"Ya already did." Another one of his teammates, Tyrone with his orotund voice commented, which then was followed by laughter from the others. Excluding Ilya. Benjamin was always the type to ask stupid questions and say the dumbest things. Ilya never cared for his friends questions, even if they were some genuinely good questions, they were still dumb and it only made him roll his eyes.

"Ty," the track star sighed, "continue on Benji."

"Thanks, dude," Benjamin voiced, "so like, how do I say this without having y'all make fun of me..."

"Benji,"

"Yeah, yeah, so, I'll just get right to it, have y'all ever kissed a guy?"

Dead silence, everyone was silent. Not a peep in the boys locker room was said or heard. Every person in the room looked at Benjamin Garcia with puzzled looks, stopping what they were doing. Ilya, he didn't show no sign of emotions exterior of himself, but inside of his head he was screaming and confused, and his heart was beating like crazy, if not careful, he thought, everyone could hear it. It was pounding, he wanted to put his hand where his heart was, breath in and out to calm himself. But he wasn't going to go that far. People would question him, and he didn't like the attention on him when it wasn't necessary.

"Yeah so, like, last weekend I went to this wild party and I of course got wasted, and you guys know how good I am at knowing what I'm doing and saying but having no control over it when I get drunk. Yeah so, in the moment, when I was gone, I grabbed this guy and just stared to—to kiss him. You know what's a hell of a surprise? The guy ain't even push back. He was definitely gay. Or drunk, and he had soft slips." Benjamin was freshly clothed, not the least bothered that the guys were completely speechless. He continued with, "Also, got this really fine chicks number. Bouta hit her up once I get home."

Minutes later, Tyrone spoke up, "That's gay."

"He's gay." another said.

"Definitely gay."

"Super duper gay."

"Thanos snapped his fingers way to much and made him gay, gay." Chuckles surrounded the room, even a small scoff from Ilya.

"Guys! I'm not gay." Benjamin fought back.

"Well," a teammate who goes by the name Riley clapped his hand onto Benjamin's shoulder squeezing it slightly, "I can speak for everyone when I say," he took a deep breath in, "hell no. Well, toodles." He removed his hand and left.

"We shall continue this at lunch tomorrow Gaycia—I mean Garcia. C'ya." Tyrone laughed his way out, the rest following his trail.

It was just Benji and Ilya.

"I honestly don't get the guys. I know it's tad bit gay and whatever but shit, let a Latino live." He grunts shoving his practice shoes in his locker then angrily slamming it shut.

"Ilya, I know you don't like talking when practice is over, but I need you to reassure me right now my guy."

Ilya stares at him stunned, he wanted to say something but he was at lost for words. What was he supposed to say? "Yeah, dude, that's totally gay and it alright it's our last year in high school so your just exploring. It's a-okay." That actually wasn't a bad idea. And so, Ilya said just that. Never leaving eye contact with Benjamin.

"Dude. That's bullshit." Benjamin said running his fingers through his locks, getting his fingers tangled in them. "I need some—explore? What's there to explore? Yeah I didn't hate it but, that was—I'm so confused. I-I gotta go man, see you tomorrow or something." Benjamin left his head circled with questions.

It was just Eiling now and the smelly locker room. He sat there replaying what he just heard his good friend say, "I didn't hate it. Soft lips." Those were the ones that stuck with him.
There's something you should know about our track star Ilya James Eiling, he always questioning things. Curious on how they work or the outcome, even when there was an obvious answer. That didn't stop him though. If he questioned it, he would get what he asked for.

So, there in the locker room, under the hot water, his thoughts loud and roaming, Ilya moved the tips of his fingers to his lips and caressed them. Back and forth, they definitely were soft, just like Benjamin had described the lips of the boy he kissed.

"Shit," he moaned, "shit, shit, shit," he wanted to try it. He wanted to have soft lips connected with his own, fuck the gender, though he preferably wanted to try it with a boy.

"Then, why don't you try it?"

Ilya's heart dropped. He turned his head and faced the modulated voice. It fits the person it belongs to, he was a tall, very handsome, fine as you may say, light skinned with a devilish smirk creeping up. He was leaning against the doorway, watching Ilya's face as it lit up red. Either from the embarrassment he was feeling or the steaming water that was hitting him.

"W-what?" He squeakily asked facing the white brick wall. He was currently naked so the situation was ten times worse.

"Like I said, why don't you—we—try it?" He asked again.

"T-try... try what?" He asked.

"Kissing. You do want to kiss a boy, am I correct?"

Ilya's shot his head toward the good looking boy. He met his eyes, and God did they look amazing. Hazel fits the boy. Ilya, while still flushed, hung his head low. "I said that?" He whispered. He couldn't believe it, he was caught talking out loud. "I was talking out loud?"

"Yeah, so, what's the answer?"

The obvious one. "No. Hell no. Fuck—fuck no." With that, Ilya James scramble out the shower, brushing shoulders with the boy who was watching him. He quickly got dressed, hair and body still wet, but he couldn't care about that. Once he gathered his stuff, he rushed out the building, not looking back, and into his car. His heart was racing, face still red. Ilya sat in his car wheezing, he liad his head on his wheel and closed his eyes. "Shit."

*a.n my bad if i offended anyone with these corny ass jokes.