Bonus: The double-F team-up

Since Matt Murdock isn't bothering picking up his phone, Felicity has no other option than calling his best friend. She finds their conversation... interesting. Foggy, on the other hand, almost has a heart attack.

---

Foggy could tell precisely that this was the ninth call since he had his 10-minutes lunch break (no time, there was no time, people were going crazy, oh my god why) and it had been twenty-second call he had received that day. He was tempted to ask Janet, his assistant, to tell people he wasn't in the office. He hadn't done it. Yet. He was sure he would be introducing himself in his sleep tonight.

"Franklin Nelson of Hogarth, Chao and Benowitz."

"Good afternoon, Mr. Nelson!" cheerful female voice greeted him and Foggy blinked his sleepy eyes open at that. "Am I talking to Franklin Percy Nelson, former associate with Nelson & Murdock?"

"...yes, that's me." Weird. Who used his full name and asked about his former place of employment? "What can I do for you-"

"Great! I've been trying to get a hold of your partner- I mean, business partner-- former business partner-" the woman babbled and Foggy massaged the bride of his nose tiredly. Wow, she was a talkative one, wasn't she? Also, totally high on caffeine, unlike him.

"Yes, you were trying to reach Matt Murdock, I understand. In regards of what exactly Ms....?"

"Oh, I'm sorry. Smoak. Felicity Smoak. Former Queen's Consolidated... technically."

Nope, not ringing any bells. Foggy was really hoping she wasn't some girl Matt had once gotten pregnant or something, though Matt hadn't been getting laid as much as Foggy had once thought, and it would be weird anyway, he was with Vera for a long time and this Felicity Smoak remembering just now that her child might be Matt's- anyway. The Queen name did sound familiar, Foggy wasn't sure why. What did that even mean, 'technically'?

"Alright, Ms. Smoak. Why are you trying to reach Mr. Murdock? Is that about a case, or...?"

She huffed. "Okay, well. I had this whole speech of a potential case prepared... but-" What? "You're his friend, right? Like, best friend, I assume? Roommates in college, started a firm together and everything?"

Foggy jolted awake at that, all alarm bells in his head set off. "Look, Ms. Smoak, I have no idea what are you-"

"He involved you into his darkest secrets right?"

Shit, shit, SHIT. What was this? Were villains hiring chatty blondes - Foggy was sure the woman was blond, he didn't know why, it didn't matter - as their assistants now? Was this Fisk? Someone else?

"Alright, I'm hanging up now-" he said firmly, trying to hide his panic, his heart hammering in his chest. Shit he needed to talk to Matt ASAP.

"Wait! This isn't about it, I swear and I'm not trying to threaten you, or blackmail you or something like that!" she blurted out, making Foggy hesitate. She sounded genuine. Perhaps hanging up wasn't the smartest idea in the first place...?

"I have no idea what you're talking about, but you have a minute to explain yourself."

"If he's looking for her, she's with me."

Of all things Foggy had expected her to say - he didn't know what to expect, to be honest - this wasn't it. The sentence didn't make any sense. Was it some kind of a code?

"...what?"

"Vera." Foggy's heart skipped a beat when hearing Matt's fiancée's name. He was completely at lost. "If Matt is looking for Vera, and I assume he is-"