Chapter Five

I wiped away a tear threatening to spill as I threw a scarf and a hat into my satchel bag.

"Are you sure you don't want me to come Nadi?" Talia asked, pulling her knees closer to her chest.

"No. You stay here and let me know if anything happens."

"Is he going with you?" She asked fighting back her own tears.

"Yes. I need him there."

"Why? Why do you need this boy to come with you?"

"Well first, I'm not leaving him here by himself in a werewolf village. Second we have some important matters too take care of."

"Like...changing him." She stated.

"Possibly." I said avoiding her gaze.

"Oh."

"You have to understand that I love Trent and he's my mate."

"I know...it's just...are you sure he wants to be a wolf? I mean he's leaving everything behind for you, how does he know you're perfect for each other?"

"I don't know, I guess because he decided to give it all up for me. And he was destined to be with me, he was put on this earth for me." I argued.

"But I don't want to lose you..." She said, her voice quiet.

"T, you're not losing me, we'll always be best friends." I said moving to hug her.

"But if you get married you'll become the queen and hardly have time for me." She whimpered into my shoulder.

"You're my best friend, I'll always make time for you, things aren't going to change."

"Promise?"

"I promise." I told her, releasing her and holding up my pinkie.

She locked her pinkie in mine and nodded. "I love you, Nadi."

"I love you too, T."

Nadi, Trent's out here, he's ready to go when you are. Cade said into my head.

Okay, I'll be out in a minute. Thanks bro.

Anytime, ya know I'm gonna miss having you around.

I'll be back soon,Cade, I'm not moving to Mexico.

I know that but if Trent's your mate, you're going to be spending so much time with him you won't have time for your big bro.

Why does everyone think that? I'm always going to be here Cade nothing's going to change.

Okay, but you're just growing up so fast.

I know...I'll see you in a few minutes.

Okay. I love you Princess.

I love you too Cookie. 

To Talia I said, "Trent's ready to go."

"Was that him?" She asked, knowing I was mind-linking someone.

"No, Cade. He doesn't know how to mind-link yet."

"Oh, okay." She nodded. "Well you should probably get going."

"Yeah, I'll miss you but I'll be back soon, link me?" I asked.

"Defiantly." She said leaning to hug me.

We hugged, I took my back and we went to meet Trent in the village square.

He smiled when he spotted me, "You ready?" He asked.

"As ready as I'll ever be." I smiled, taking his outstretched hand.

"Now you be careful with my baby sister or I'll be forced to damage your face." Cade said walking up to us.

"Cade, calm down." Kael said, placing his hand on Cade's shoulder. "We'll all be damaging his face if he hurts little Nadi." Kael laughed.

"I won't be damaging his face, I'll kill him." Harvey interjected, clearly not joking.

"No need to kill me or damage my face, I'd hurt myself if I ever hurt her." Trent said, also not joking.

"We should get going." I said to Trent.

He nodded.

"Be careful." My mother said pulling me into a hug. "I can't lose anyone else." She whispered, even though everyone could hear her.

"I will, mom, I promise." I whispered back, tears threatening to spill.

"I love you, my baby."

"I love you too, mommy." I told her as a single tear escaped my eyes.

She released me, we said goodbye to my family, and we set out to find Kovu.

"Your family really loves you." Trent said as we started the car Talia's mother let us borrow.

"Yeah, that's the thing with wolves you're much closer because you're both a pack and a family."

"I wish I had that..." He said.

"You will soon." I said smiling at him.

"Yeah, I will, and I can't wait." He said leaning over the console to kiss my cheek.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*A/N*

I'm so sorry I haven't updated lately. I've had school and no access and when I was on horrible writers block.

So anyways thanks for waiting so long I'll try to update more often now.

What did you all think? I teared up a little in this one because I thought of how destraght I'd be if my best friend left me.

Vote/Comment!!!!

I love you my little wolves!!!!<3