28

Julie wakes to find herself tied to a chair. Great. So much for no one touching her if she is marked. Damn, after everything she gave up she is still captured by Demarco enemies. She refuses to cry anymore though. Now she's getting angry. If she can just get out of these damn restraints she's going to kill whoever took her.

She hears someone coming and pretends that she is still unconscious. She's had lots of practice and knows how to fake it really well.

"The bitch is still out? You had her breathe in the drug for too long you idiot. She's not a supernatural, just a human. If she doesn't wake up it's your ass on the line. The boss was really looking forward to interrogating this one. He heard that she's a real spit fire and even had the temerity to tell off Adam Demarco more than once."

"Seems to me, anyone that's strong enough to stand up to Demarco is someone we should stay away from. Especially since she's under the protection of all the Demarcos." The second one has more brains than the first one or the boss, Julie thinks too bad he got himself caught up in this situation.

She isn't expecting the bucket of water being thrown on her. She can't hold back the gasp and sputtering that comes from her inhaling some of the water.

"There the bitch is awake, you can let the boss know." The second man tells the first man.

The first man smirks at her and runs out of the room.

Julie turns her eyes to the second man. "Was that really necessary?"

"It was either you get wet or I get punished. I chose for you to get wet." The man shrugs with unconcern.

"Can you tell me why this place smells to high heaven of trash?" Julie is fighting the desire to vomit.

"You can smell that?" The man says in surprise. "I thought you are human?"

"I am, but still that smell is so strong that it's hard to miss."

"It's the smell of rogues. There are a lot of us here, but I didn't think humans could smell us."

She can't hold it back and does her best to vomit on the floor rather than herself. She doesn't quite make it, but most of it makes it to the floor. 

"Shit, why'd you have to go and do that for?"

The man's voice fades out though. She wonders if she is having some kind of reaction to the drug they used to knock her out. She wonders if she will wake up.

She knows what they mean by interrogation and she has no intention of giving them any information. She just hopes that she will be able to deal with the pain since she had so much growing up.

The next time she quasi wakes up it's to hear a different man speak. "I thought you said that she was awake? What the hell happened here?"

"She was awake, then she vomited and passed out once more. I don't think her body is reacting well to the drug. Her heart beat has become erratic." The second man tells the new man.

That's when Julie realizes that the man is correct, her heart beat is erratic. She also realizes that she's finding it hard to breathe.

She feels her heart stop and loses all consciousness. She hears the men panic at her heart stopping. She no longer cares.

The men get her off the chair and start doing CPR. One of them runs out of the room and comes back with a defibrillator. They follow the instructions and a jolt is sent through her, a second jolt is sent through her. Still no response. Truly panicking now they send a third jolt and finally there is a heart beat.

"Take her to a cell and get her some clean dry clothes. We'll need to keep an eye on her for a bit before we can start the interrogation. It won't do to have her die before I can even ask the first question." The third man orders the others and leaves the room.

"Where the fuck are we supposed to get clothes for her?" The first man asks, he'd come back with the third man.

"I have no idea, but you better hurry and find some." The second man says bending over and picking up the human. She's so light, he frowns. With the curves she sports he expected her to weigh much more than she does.

The Demarcos are going to be beyond pissed if they found out that her heart stopped. 

If they find them the Demarcos are going to go ape shit on them. He doesn't think any of them have a chance in hell.

The man sets the girl on a hard mattress and starts taking the wet clothes off her. With the other man not back with clothes yet he mutters under his breath and removes his shirt for her to wear until the other clothes arrive.

He frowns when she starts gagging again but is quick to turn her on her side so she doesn't vomit on the mattress or herself again. Although, he's pretty sure that she emptied everything from her stomach earlier.

But more does come out. The man is less than happy but he goes to get the cleaning supplies and cleans up the mess. He's going to kill that Johnson for not hurrying fast enough.

He doesn't understand just why she is reacting so violently to the drug.

"Miss, are you pregnant?" The man shakes her gently after cleaning up the mess.

"What does it matter? You all are going to kill me anyway." At this point Julie doesn't even care either.

He's done a lot of things but hurt a pregnant woman isn't one of them. If she is pregnant with the Demarco heir, then nothing will stop them from destroying whoever took her.

"I will get you out of here if you are." The man promises her.

"But you'll let them interrogate me if I'm not. Like I said, it doesn't matter." Julie passes out once more.

The man frowns and feels her forehead. He hisses, it's burning hot. They are in deep shit. He doesn't think she'll live long enough for the boss to interrogate her.

For the girls sake he hopes the Demarcos somehow find them. He has heard how Adam and Aaron can heal even the sickest of people, if they want to. He just hopes that they will get to her in time and still want to when they find her.