Chapter 9: And so, night comes

In an attempt to keep the flow at madness away it tried to reason just to fall deeper into the labyrinth of the mind.

More... As the darkness closes in they are drawn to the chaos of the raging inferno, but again it should be taken as a given when looking at the situation, that thing would not be the only creature in this twisted realm brought by that ancient abomination. Got to keep moving. I can assume that most of these monstrosities will be non-spirit based, rendering my extra senses and abilities useless, so I got to map out and arm myself until I can find their source and put an end to them. Moving away from the inferno I find myself, longing? Uneasy perhaps? Red rises the flames birthing color as a red beacon in this void, such brilliant shine, yet it attracts the hurt of this world, its cursed inhabitants, yeah its beauty will buy me the time I need.

Darkness, enveloping, consuming, hiding, an angel guarding me with its wings. One wood, stone, brick wall, and steel railing later I find myself in an unknown crossroad of darkness, was it not just behind me it had happened? Where I had met them? Those three strangers, or was this just another bridge, further down this divisive river, steps? Moans? Beast? Human? A faint vibration, a blue flame yet to bee snuffed out, the steps stop, and an inhuman scream snuffing it out for good. It was there in the darkness in front of me, out of sight but far from out of my mind, screams, in front, to the left, to the right, and one faintly behind, my fingers find that familiar and cold touch, seems like I have to take a plunge, darkness were as much my protector as my potential reaper, feet feeling the steel against my feet, and the jump sends me into the nothingness.

No splash? No cold rush? Just a long fall down, were I but a lonely soul swallowed by the unknown kingdom, air whipping my face but somehow the fall seems to slow down, not much, maybe not at all, but perhaps it did.

Seconds or hours? Perception's of times impact is gone and the fall could have lasted ages then, touch, it was neither soft nor hard, cold or warm, the only feeling that could describe it was nothingness? Perhaps the feeling of a trampoline after your feet have gone numb. The darkness pressing towards my eyes revealed nothing of my surroundings, nothing, just some faint and rhythmic thuds. The thuds get stronger, I guess I'm closing in on it whatever it was, there in the darkness it appeared shining its light through the abyss, and what appeared was a white steel heart hovering over a red ground. 

*Thud, thud, thud* radiating, just radiating, a voice?
"You... How could you?!" A second voice?
"Don't... sorry I'm sorry" A third?
"Oh I know, the answer is 32"
"You, you, you are a plague!"
"I didn't know I swear, I didn't mean to, I swear, I swear!"
"Plague plague plague, plague! Let it die by the righteous!"
"I want to know more, would you teach me?"
"Oh big brother look, look at this!"
"No, no, no no no, it cant be... My fault, my fault"
"Oh no that cannot be, ha ha ha"
"DIE!"
"MY FAULT!" Who?
*Thud, thud, thud* Wait there is another sound, steps, lonely steps interfering with the whispering beats of the lonely heart. Light was it him again. That red shade hunting my waking steps?
"Hey, why are you here?" The red glow materializes yet again into that known form of innocence.
"The heart of the past posses a great ability, a powerful sight that collects the remnants of what was for every person that has grazed its domain. It is a sight to behold isn't it Chrys? But it does seem that you yet have far to go". Past? Was it perhaps unmarked by that shade on the wall? 
"How far? Where?"
"HA HA HA, Oh a long way down, and it remains, between the cinder and burns of your inferno, your way in, your way out, but yet in the labyrinth you remain, will the three pass you on or will your destiny be buried here where memories dies and lives, no matter how forgotten it's presence remains. Luck to you Chrys, by the way, after you killed that creature did you get a slight idea? A name? A purpose?" Wait was it? didn't I? No nothing, a flash? Ru?
"No, and what do you mean by the labyrinth and the three?" 
"We will meet again Chrys, bye" No I still got more to ask... Gone, left alone with this whispering heart.

Cold steel, throbbing against the palm of my hand, could it bee described as lively? The force of shards long gone, no matter the dark or the stains it was... Pure. Would it give me guidance? Something to guide me through this darkness, this so-called labyrinth of the three. Focus, "Spirits of the past, please grant me your guiding light". Oh, light white and pure it burns like a bottled lightning-bolt, blue-tinted and powerful. The light flows at my side and illuminates my surroundings, and what I see is a floor akin to red marble stretching for as long as I can see, and an ever so surrounding darkness only broken by five sharp stone towers stretching upwards and out of sight, Could it possibly bee the corridors? Corridors of a labyrinth grander than any human project to date. Well, the only way out might just be trough the three, and even if it isn't it is damned to bee somewhere in these grand halls. "Guide and be my strength in these dark nights, oh spirits of the past glories and fault show me the way".

The mind revealed lots, unraveling past, present, and future, and in it laid the oppositions black and white, light and darkness, oh the mind had shown a beautiful dream in such madness. Oh, my minds labyrinth what will you reveal?