Short Story: Hopper Speaks Out

(In my opinion, I think I should be able to write little fanfics here and there in this work. You know how annoying it is when Hopper turns into a frog before confessing his feelings for Briar? Ginger's pop culture music and (Maddie) are gonna change that.)

Hopper was studying in the computer lab again to ignore his Briar-related problems because he had a test in Heroics 101 to study for. So it was a win-win situation that day. "Hey, Hopper? Is that you?" A pink haired student wearing a sweet themed outfit asked and tapped his shoulder.

In that moment, Hopper instantly recognized one of the students he helps with broadcasting their Mirrornet shows, Ginger Breadhouse

In that moment, Hopper instantly recognized one of the students he helps with broadcasting their Mirrornet shows, Ginger Breadhouse. "Ginger, hey..." He got out of his seat and waved. "So what are you doing here during lunch?" The candy witch's daughter asked as her cheeks became more erubescent (pink) and flushed. "Just studying for a test in Heroics 101. Are you okay?" He replied. "Yawn...I'm fine, only a little tired. I need to type up a recipe I'm going to use in my next video for Spells Kitchen." She answered. "Is it Briar again?" Ginger mumbled shyly after noticing the solemnity in his eyes. "Is it that obvious?! Not to be rude, sorry Ginger you don't-"

Ginger sighed and smiled, because she knew what rejection felt like. The sweet (pun unintended) rebel understood how her crush was feeling; afraid, shy, and awkward, but she somehow stayed strong. "It's okay, I get it." She replied calmly; putting a hand gently on his shoulder. "Why don't you go talk to her? I'll come with you." "Ginger, I appreciate the help but-wait. You're going to come with me?" He asked with eyes wide. The candy witch's daughter nodded gleefully, packed up her things, and quickly logged out of the computer she was using. "Come on, Hopper! Let's go, we're gonna conquer your fears of rejection!" Ginger Breadhouse exclaimed as they rushed towards the castleteria.

--- --- --- ---

"I also have the perfect thing." Ginger grinned and pulled out her mirrorphone. "What is it?" Hopper asked curiously. She-

Hey there!

Maddie?

Of course it's me! How are you?

Kinda tired but mostly good.

Ooh...you're trying to help be a matchmaker with Ginger, huh? And is that Big Time Rush???

How did you know?

When we went on that plane on the pen-breaking adventure, Heather told me about it.

Oh.

Is she gonna use that song?

One of their songs...darn I need to stop telling you stuff!

It's all good! I won't say anything. 😉😉

Okay...

Madeline Hatter, daughter of the Mad Hatter, was also in the castleteria and sitting with her best friend Raven Queen, daughter of the Evil Queen. "Guys, the narrator is helping Ginger match up Briar and Hopper!" The rest of them stifled a few laughs.

Cerise Hood, C.A. Cupid, Sparrow Hood, Holly and Poppy O'Hair, even Duchess Swan was struggling to not laugh at her guess. "Maddie, we're not making fun of you or anything, it's just Hopper has never been great with talking to girls." Cedar Wood, Pinocchio's daughter, replied calmly. "But it's happening right now!" The petite, colorful teenager squealed; pointing to Ginger talking to Blondie. "Hats, they are just talking. Like us." Sparrow explained. "Just cut it out, Sparrow. Let her dream." Duchess muttered. "Will do princess." He retorted and kisses her quick.

What???

Never mind...

— — — — —

Meanwhile, Ginger was helping Blondie set up a small speaker (courtesy of Melody Piper) that could play the song in the background of Hopper asking out Briar. "Why are we doing this again?" Blondie proposed with a wire in hand. "I want to help him out, this is the right thing to do." Ginger insisted. "Okay, well don't get your hopes up too high. It may not go the way you plan." "I know, but I'm a way. that's what I'm counting on." She answered. "Let's do this then!" Her blond friend grinned as they finished setting up the speaker and played the song.

(I'd highly recommend you play the song above before reading the end of this sentence...it'll help with making the story more enjoyable to read. 😉)

"Looks like they are really doing it, Hopper is gonna ask out Briar." Cerise whispered. "He's walking over there with Ginger though. Does that mean they're an item?" Cupid commented. "I don't think so." Dexter (Raven's boyfriend) answered and took a seat in between Raven & Cerise. "Hey." The group greeted to him. "Hey guys-" Maddie put a finger onto his lips, "We're trying to watch something!" She hissed. "Sorry." "It's fine Dex." Raven answered.

In that moment, all eyes were on Ginger and Hopper: who strutted over to the Royals (aka mostly popular) table with fake confidence that no one noticed. They captured the attention of everyone, and weren't used to it either. "Now's your chance Hopper! Say something to her!" Ginger whispered to him at his side. He took a deep breath and felt his eyes start to just barely water, "Uh, Briar, uh...I was wondering if you...would like to go to a movie or something with me sometime." Hopper told her.

After that, all eyes in the castleteria were on Briar Beauty; thinking about how she would respond. Then, she got up and kissed him on the cheek. "Sure. I'll see you at my birthday party."

Everyone cheered from their seats as Ginger smiled at him and strolled ecstatically to sit with Raven and her friends.

'Thank you Ginger, thank you so much.' Hopper told the pink haired girl in his mind. They smiled back at each other and continued having an ever after awesome day.

The Ever After End

YASSS!!!

Right Maddie?!

AYEEEE! Will there be more stories here?

Yep and stay tuned y'all! ❤️💕