Twenty-Two: Fuck My Life(rewritten)

As if things couldn't get any worse William was coming to do the six month evaluation in three days. Thank god I wasn't showing yet because I was only a month and a half along. I had had one doctors appointment to confirm that there was indeed a baby in there now I had sonogram pictures to prove it. Which I would not being doing for William. William was not to know. I hadn't explicitly said this to Jack and the guys, but I hoped that they had enough tact to know that they shouldn't say anything.
  William arrived at 3:30 which was just before sound check. While the guys did their sound check William talked with me. Asked me questions. He didn't like that I had gone on tour with them, but when I assured him that I was fine he relaxed a bit. He made a comment about how I didn't look as thin as I had the last time he saw me which he said was good thing, because I had always looked so thin.
After he and I talked sound check was over so he talked to Jack and then the other three. The rest of us waited on the stage. When it was Alex's turn he was gone longer than Jack and Rian had been. When it had been almost an hour they came back. Alex gave me a wide eyed expression as he walked toward us. He mouthed 'I'm so sorry.' to me and looked on the verge of a panic attack. I turned my gaze to William and gave him a smile. He gave me a very tight lipped, obviously forced smile.
"May I speak with Annalise again?" He asked. I glanced at Jack and then noticed Alex with his head in his hands. I slid off stage and followed him out again.
"What?"
"Are you pregnant?" I got wide eyed. I suddenly understood why Alex said sorry and looked on the verge of a panic attack. He'd let it slip.
"Y-yes." I mumbled. He sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose.
"You're going to have to come back to Baltimore with me, you do realize that?"
"What? Why?"
"You're fifteen and pregnant and you were adopted by a single man. Do you see what I'm getting at?" I was disgusted to say the least.
"The baby isn't Jack's!" I practically yelled at him.
"We'll have to do a paternity test to verify that and even if you are telling the truth you still got pregnant while in his care so he may very well lose custody of you." Fear and panic welled up in my chest.
  William and I went back to the bus and I made sure all my stuff was in my suitcase before we took an uber back to his hotel. Until the court hearing I wasn't allowed to have any communication with Jack. William tried multiple times to have conversations with me, but I brushed him off every time.
The next morning at six am we went to the airport. It took us forty-five minutes to get through security and then he bought us breakfast and I read until it was time to board the plane. I spent the flight listening to music and ignoring William. I don't think I spoke to him at all once I found out I had to go back with him.
  William drove me to Allison's and left me there. Allison was the only one who spoke to me. She gave me a hug, told me there was an empty bed for me and then I went upstairs. Jaz was gone and everyone knew why I was back and avoided me like the plague. I laid down for a nap and ended up crying for a half hour before I fell asleep. When I woke up I texted Zack and Leo. Apparently Jack wasn't much better than I was. Zack told me that he'd hardly spoken since I'd left. Alex had texted a dozen or so apology texts and no matter how many times I assured him that I wasn't mad he wouldn't listen and kept apologizing.
  The next morning at breakfast Allison informed me that the court hearing was set for a week from Tuesday since that's when Jack would get another break. I ate a small bowl of cornflakes and then spent the rest of the day in bed alternating between reading, texting with Leo and listening to music. Nobody spoke to me and I didn't speak to them. I wrote my thoughts down in my notebook and doodled occasionally. The days felt ridiculously long and the week seemed to drag by.
  Allison tried to talk to me, but at the time I really didn't feel like talking to anyone. She also set up a doctor's appointment for me. She took me and then waited in the waiting room while the nurse did a checkup and an ultrasound.
"If you don't mind me asking, how old are you?" She asked. She was a youngish Asian woman with short hair and a button nose.
"Fifteen." She nodded.
"Can I give you a piece of advice?" I nodded and she continued, "don't stress yourself out over the little things. Actually don't stress yourself out at all that's not good for baby, but seriously just take things as they come and don't miss the little moments that make being a mom so wonderful. Don't let them grow up without you noticing. Trust me before you know it they'll be in fifth grade then they'll want to learn to drive and then they'll be heading off to college. I know it's gonna be scary, but I promise it will be so worth it in the end. Uh. . ." She started looking around for something before coming up with a pen and a piece of paper. She wrote down a few things and then handed it to me. "Read these books. They'll help you a lot. Start coming up with name ideas soon otherwise you'll end up like a friend of mine who's daughter was over a month old before they named her." She stood and gathered up her things. "Stay strong and don't stress. Get lot's of rest and make sure you stay hydrated. So everything looks good. Baby 's heart rate is steady as is yours, your blood pressure is good too. Based everything here and the date of conception I'd say you're due . . . July 16. Any questions or concerns before I let you go?"
"Will the morning sickness go away soon?"
"It should lessen when you start your second trimester, but it depends on the pregnancy. Some are different than others."
"When can I find out the gender?"
"Between 16 and 20 weeks." I nodded,
"Okay. Thank you."
"No problem. Have good day." She said with a soft smile. She opened the door and let me go out first. Allison and I drove back to the group home and had lunch. Then I took a nap.
I wanted to go home. I wanted Jack. Fuck my life.