Chaptèr 28

-6 days till battle-

Hiccup's POV.

I woke up this morning around 4 and got Dressed. My armor was just shined so it looked good. Astrid was sleeping yet and I didn't want to disturb her.

Toothless woke up when I went downstairs and he looked at me: all I said was

"I'm going to the forge bud. Want to come?"

At that he nodded at walked with me. As we were headed there nobody was awake yet. It was peaceful. Not something Viking are good at.

As I got to the forge, I knew Gobber needed more weapons made soon. I started making a battle axe. It usually takes time making weapons but I got done quick.

It looked great and had perfect weight. It only took an hour. So I started a mace next. I figured I'd help as much as I could. By the time the sun started coming up, everyone was awake and looking at me.

I didn't know why. I took my tip half of armor off cause I was getting hot but why look at me? It was about 6 when everyone started showing up.

Than as I finished making the mace I set it down and Gobber showed up.

"Hey Gobber, just helping out!"

"Yeah I see. How long ye been here?"

"Uh..since 4?"

"Why ye up so early? You should get sleep!"

"I can't sleep. I think to much!"

"Than stop thinking and start being more Viking like!"

"Yeah..I'm good. I'll stick to thinking."

"Alright 'iccup. What have ya made?"

"A battle axe and mace. Not much."

"Well it's helped me. I needed 36 more weapons done within 6 days so it's help."

At that I started working more. I was pounding out metal and sharpening. I just don't get why the girls stared at me. I mean what's so cool about hot metal?

After it hit about 8 I told Gobber

"I'm going to go get breakfast. Alright?"

"That's fine. You did enough already."

I left with Toothless and as I left everyone else stopped watching too. I have no idea why. I got home and all I heard was

"WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?"

"Uh at the forge?"

"Oh... Why? When did you go there?"

"Uh to help Gobber make weapons and I got there around 4?"

"Oh...wait why so early? Gobber doesn't even wake up so early!"

"Well I was thinking. It was peaceful out and yeah.."

"Thinking about your mother?"

"Not just that."

"What else?"

"Don't worry about it."

When I said that I just hugged her and she seemed to not mind it. But knowing her, she will try to find out. It's not hard to figure out though.

So after our hug, I gave her a kiss and said

"I'm hungry."

"I'm not surprised Hicc if you've been up since 4!"

"True. If you start cooking I'll go feed Toothless and Stormfly."

"Deal!"

So like I said she started cooking a stew of some sort and I went out to Toothless and Stormfly. I got a barrel of fish for Toothless and a barrel of chicken for Stormfly.