Men

Shannon had grown up around men, she was used to them, knew what made them tick. The only man she could never figure out was him, the one she was dying to know inside and out.

When Shannon was 11, her mother passed away, leaving her in the care of her mother's best friend Kevin. Kevin is a singer, his boyband were most popular in the 90's, Shannon's mother had even been their manager. These five men had the career of a lifetime, and they were still at it 25 years later. But they weren't celebrities to her, they were her family. The men she'd grown up with, the men who saw her through her awkward stage and advised her through her boy crazy stage. But most of all, protected her like she was a daughter of their own.

None of the men had daughters, save for Alex, who had two beautiful daughters, Ava 5, and Lyric 2. He had always been the most like a father to Shannon as she grew up and he was always the first person she came to. Kevin had no issue with Shannon being closer to Alex, this way he was more like the cool uncle.

Now 21 Shannon is still living at home with Kevin and Alex and their families. She wouldn't change her life in any way. She has the best friends she could imagine, and an even greater family. Not all the men lived together, one lived in Vegas, one in LA and the other lived in Georgia, just a walk down the street from Shannon. That one being Kevin's younger cousin, Brian. Shannon and Brian's son Baylee were close, with him being the oldest of all the men's children, at 16.

It had been shortly after his mother passed that they had become close, bonded over their experiences. He'd needed someone other than his father to confind in, and there Shannon was, just the shoulder he needed to cry on.

Shannon loved being surrounded by them all, the men had 8 children between them and she loved playing the big sister role. She'd been so excited when Alex and his wife announced they were having a girl, but also so unprepared. With all the men having sons and growing up with the men herself, all she knew was sports and superheros. But like all things, she'd adjusted easily to the frilly pink princess that was Ava Jaymes.

Shannon loved finally having a little sister to spend time with, and Ava loved looking up to Shannon, always wanting to be around her and copy everything she did. These days Ava was like Shannon's mini me, and it was the cutest thing she could imagine. Ava was also an amazing big sister to Lyric, and Shannon was just as excited as she had been when Ava arrived. Another little sister to love and teach.