Chapter 2 - Avoidance

Tears filled Kiku's eyes, thoughts of panic filling his mind. He was so scared. Flowers petals were literally coming out of his lungs and mouth, who wouldn't be? He became more panicked as Alfred loudly knocked on the door again. "Seriously, Kiku you good? You really don't sound okay."

Kiku stood up straight, trying to quickly compose himself. "Y-Yes, I'm all right. Just felt like throwing up for a few minutes, but I'm okay now." He replied, only half-lying.

"Okay then... Just meet me back in my room once you feel better."

Kiku sighed, staring at himself in the mirror, waiting a couple of minutes until he decided he looked like he didn't just experience the shock of coughing up flowers petals and was completely fine before leavig the restroom. Walking back to Alfred's room, he politely knocked despite the door being open before entering.

Alfred was on his bed playing some mobile game Kiku entered the room. Kiku sat down on the bed and Alfred looked up from the sudden shift of weight on the mattress, causing him to die in his game. "Wha-? Oh, shoot!" He grumbled as he looked back at his phone, putting his phone down. "So um... What was that about? You seemed kind of panicked, you okay?"

'No...'

"Yeah, I'm all right. Just my stomach's a bit upset." Kiku lied, avoiding any eye contact with Alfred as he placed his left hand lightly over his stomach and faked a small wince, pretending it hurt.

Alfred shrugged lightly, picking up the TV remote. "M'kay, if you say so... So, you wanna continue with the movie?"

'No, I just want to go home. Away from you... Away from love...'

"Sure"

He closed his eyes and gently laid on a pillow. His stomach started to actually hurt.

~* * *~

Kiku must have fallen asleep during the remainder of the movie because when he opened his eyes, he was laying in fetal position facing the TV. The screen was on the movies home menu, the cursor resting over the 'Extras' section.

Kiku sighed, rubbing the sleep from his eyes. He thought, maybe since he was sleeping, everything that happened was just a dream. But deep down he know that was just hopeful thinking.

And that's when it hit him.

He had fallen asleep. In Alfred's house. Oh god. He hoped he didn't upset Alfred.

He swiftly sat up and got off of Alfred's bed, leaving the bedroom. He heard the clinking of glass cups coming from the kitchen, so that's where he headed.

Peeking his head around the doorway, he saw Alfred pouring two glasses of water with ice cubes in it from a pitcher. He then grabbed a re-usable plastic straw and promptly plopped it into his cup, making a face as the water surprised and splashed back up at him.

With both glasses in hand, Alfred turned around and spotted Kiku watching from the doorway. Smiling softer than usual, he walked over to Kiku and handed him a glass. "You seemed to have fallen asleep during the movie. I didn't want to disturb you. You looked so peaceful... and kinda cute."

Alfred winked as he made that little comment and Kiku almost choked on an ice cube.

"A-Ah- Thank you? Er... I'm sorry for falling asleep during the movie..." Kiku blushed.

Alfred smirked and waved his free hand dismissively. "Nah, but seriously, it's fine. I'm used to it. Mattie falls asleep during movies all the time. That is, unless its Disney or what he dubs 'horribly hilarious' movies. And if Gilbert is there, there's even less of a chance of him falling asleep."