Day 4

Today is the day. Izuku couldn't sleep well--but he never did, so it doesn't really matter. All night, thoughts of all the possibilities today can bring scared his eyes awake. If only no one was there, his eyes must be swollen from crying.

Suddenly his chains were broken down. They disintegrated--first to dust, then to nothingness. Izuku was so weak, he couldn't sense Shigaraki walking in the room to break his chains. In surprise, Izuku tried to get up, but then limp himself over the bed. The floor was colder than he expected. He could also feel the sticky blood he left the day before. It was not a clean floor.

"You made a mistake for releasing me." Izuku braved himself.

"My only mistake," Shigaraki answered, "Is only when I accidently killed you."

Izuku could feel his energy slowly coming back to his muscles. First, a twitch of a finger. Then, his hands started moving. It didn't take long before he learnt back how to stand up.

"I miss standing up like this." Izuku prepared his fists for the enemy standing in front of him.

"You will miss lying on that bed soon." Shigaraki calmly replied.

Izuku thought with his energy back, One For All would eventually return too. What started to worry the boy was that... it didn't.

"You must have realized it by now. Your quirk..." Shigaraki said. He then paused to think for a moment, then continued, "When you think about it again, your quirk looks a lot like his."

Izuku couldn't handle the eyes that were staring down at him. Eyes full of anger and doubt. Eyes that can kill him anytime they please.

"Follow me, Midoriya. The time has come for you to fight for your limbs." Shigaraki opened the door.

"My... My limbs?" Midoriya muttered. "Shouldn't it be... you know, my life?"

"Your limbs, Midoriya." Shigaraki gave the boy a little kick, forcing him to walk out the room.

The room was always dark, Midoriya almost forgot just how much he loves the light. Outside was not as dark--and it will make Izuku feel pleasant if only the villains were not there waiting to take away his life.

Shigaraki pushed the boy to another room. Despite his thin appearance, he is physically strong. Izuku slammed himself to the ground, muttering in pain.

Still in confusion, Izuku dared to look back up. He gazed on the pair of eyes, remembering the fear he had once forgotten. He trembled on the sight of a smile--a grin, ear to ear--as the eyes get closer and closer.

Izuku stood back in defence. He prepared himself in an attack stance, but all Shigaraki did was walk slowly, closer and closer.

One For All, don't fail me now... Izuku prayed. Swallowing his fear, Izuku ran around Shigaraki and gave him a kick on the back followed by a punch. Shigaraki was not amused. With ease, Shigaraki stopped the punch with his arm. Izuku's kick didn't seem to do anything to him either. It was at this moment Izuku realized he was at his weakest, almost as if reality itself came and slapped him on the face, whispering to his ears to show how hopeless he was.

"No way..." Izuku shivered in disbelief.

"What's wrong, Midoriya Izuku? Don't stop fighting." Shigaraki attacked. Izuku took a blow on the stomach and just like that, he was thrown away and hit the wall. Just like that, even without words he admitted his defeat.

Izuku opened his eyes only to find the world hazzy. With the rest of his conciousness, he dared to mutter, "I'd win if I have my quirk. This fight just isn't fair--"

"Am I using my quirk, Midoriya Izuku?" Shigaraki slowly asked. He was enjoying every second of the poor boy's suffering.

The question hit him hard. That's right. Shigaraki has not used his quirk at all! Izuku couldn't help but blame himself for being weak. If only he was stronger. If only he can rely on his own power. If only he had trained more... No, he trained enough. All those trainings he went through to achieve All Might's One For All were not slacking off. Izuku was rewarded One For All for his hard work. But in his head he asked himself, Do I really deserve it?

Shigaraki grinned at the boy. What could be more painful than to damage a person physically and mentally to the core, waiting for them to finally crack? Only after they crack then you can see a certain side of that person. A side that no one has ever seen before. Shigaraki then muttered under his breath, "It is time."

The tension in the room changed. Izuku found himself shivering as he once again drown in the sea of horror. Shigaraki reached out to grab his hand and just like that all five of his fingers were gripping it tight. Izuku screamed in pain and terror as he watched his hand disintegrate. Slowly it went up and his arm started to turn into dust.

Izuku was about to snap when Shigaraki pulled out a long knife from his back pocket and cut his arm off his shoulder. He could only watch in amusement at the sight of the boy screaming like crazy.

His detached arm fell on the dirty ground as it slowly disintegrates to dust. Izuku, still terrified by the surprise, tried to pathetically crawl away.

"Where are you going, Midoriya Izuku?" Shigaraki asked with an innocent tone, teasing the greenette. He quickly grabbed his other arm and dragged him closer, leaving the arm to disintegrate too. He held his knife and repeated the same thing he did to the other arm.

Izuku's eyes widen in denial. He lost his arms! He's bleeding through his shoulders! Now he understood the conversation he had with Shigaraki before. He was about to snap of out it before Shigaraki found himself getting bored of the boy's screamings.

"Relax, Midoriya."

Just like that, Izuku went limp and the pain... was still there.